Integrating the Orphean Horn into my System. (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:30 (3868 days ago) @ Kevin

I currently have a pair Of Welborne 2a3 Moondog Monoblocks that I would like to power the Orphean Horn with.

No problem. The output of these amplifiers should be connected to the input of the filter. The outputs of thise filters than come with the Orphean should be connected to the driver, nothing else.

I also have a pair of Welborne 300B laurel Monoblocks that I would like to power my Klipsch Bass Bins with.

Okay, that rules out the Hypex with dedicated DSP crossover with dedicated amps on board.

I am trying to figure out if the Filters for the Orphean is all I need to integrate the Orphean horns into my system.

Not enough. The filter for the Orphean ONLY filter the driver of the Orphean itseld (splitting mid- and high frequencies). For the bass you'll need a dedicated filter/crossover.

I am guessing not and will probably need an active crossover such as one made by Marchand Electronics. And probably a passive crossover for the Orphean Horn itself.

Indeed but the passive crossover is already included within the Orphean package.

Is your Welborne Labs 2A3 amp silent? No hum or hiss on your present horns?

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread