Oris 150 Horns Questions (BD-Design)

by Rudy81 @, Dallas, TX, Monday, September 30, 2013, 03:07 (3855 days ago) @ Bert

Kevin,

I have been following your various posts and can see that you are trying to mate an Oris or Orphean system with your Khorn bass bins. I have been a long time Klipsch Heritage fan. I have owned the Khorns, Belle's, La Scala, Forte, cornwall, etc. I still have some Klipsch, but my main system is the Oris 150.

If you have not heard the 150, you owe it to yourself to find a pair to audition.

One problem you are going to run into with either Oris or Orphean and a Khorn bass bin is a timing issue. The folded horns have a very long delay compared to these horns. Unless you will be using an active equalizer, you will not be able to optimize your system, IMHO.

Quite simply, since installing my Oris 150's, I have stopped looking for another speaker to handle anything above 200Hz, and that's only because I am crossing at that point.

If you go with an Oris, I would suggest finding a direct radiator bass bin, or using an active crossover to time align your crossover point.

Unfortunately, I am not close to your location or would be glad to let you audition my system, which BTW has very modest drivers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread