Orphean MkIII (Orphean)

by Bert @, Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 16:51 (3830 days ago) @ Kevin
edited by Bert, Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 16:33

Here is what I talking about. You indicated in another post the the price for the upgraded crossover would be the same as the current one.

Indeed it is the same price as it will replace the MkII.

If I order an Orphean now with the current crossover, and then upgrade at a later date it will cost me another 350 Euro.

If the MkII version would be delivered and later upgraded to the MkIII then yes, it will cost extra but not if you order and I do not send anything until the new filter is ready for delivery.

BTW - The crossover I am getting today is the Marchand XM66.

Nice but only very limited useful. The only thing you can do is crossing over and that only works if both speakers (bass- and mid) act perfectly meaning that the bass plays perfectly flat in frequency amplitude and phase up to at least one octave above the desired crossover frequency and the same for the midrange but then one octave down.

Your Klipsch does not and your midrange horn complies neither so you'll end up with a nice sounding compromise if you're lucky.

I hope you can measure what you will be doing and fully understand the readings as well because if you don't then you'll only be wondering in the dark having no idea where to go and where it will end.

BTW, the Marchand crossover is basically useless in combination with the Orphean system which has its own high-pass crossover frequency set to 271Hz and therefore needs the full frequency bandwidth from at least 135Hz and up.

You can still use it for the bass to tune it somewhat towards the Orphean but that is basically all.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you!

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread