Orphean Horns Back from the Painter (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Thursday, March 20, 2014, 23:32 (3662 days ago)
edited by Kevin, Friday, March 21, 2014, 01:21

I got my Orphean Horns back from the painter and the Color is Absolutely spectacular! I went with a Copper Pearl, and the color shows Gold, Pink, copper depending on the light. It is a metallic pearl that changes with the angle and the lighting. I could not be more pleased. I'll attach a Photo, which does not do the color justice. In person the color is stunning!

The sound was way too bright, after the horns came back from the painter. I assume it had to do with the extra smooth surfaces of the horns. I had to boost the bass quite a bit. I've got it sounding pretty amazing right now with some cursory adjustments. The stands will not be built until the snow melts and temperatures allow me to get outside and run my saw. So, for now the horns are just plopped on a pillow on top of my bass bins. Very happy with the overall sound!

Bert, I bet you could rig up a deal with a local welder and make some metal Orphean stands and split the profit with him. A service for your customers, and more money in your pocket!

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread