Orphean rediscovered. (BD-Design)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Thursday, August 27, 2015, 00:05 (3127 days ago) @ samoore

Samoore, I heartily confirm everything you said about the First Watt F3s. I have a DIY triamplified horn system, folded bass corner horns, Oris 150s with AER MD3s and Fostex t900a
bullet tweeters. For about eight or nine years I used Cary audio 2a3 SET monoblocks to power the Oris and Fostex. After listening to an F3 on the Oris horns I sold the Cary 2a3 monoblocks and bought two First Watt F3 stereo amps hand built by Nelson Pass himself. The change these amplifiers made in the sound of my system was wonderful. They do absolutely everything right. I have owned and used many different tube electronics ever since 1972, but now my stereo is tube free and sounds better than ever. To anyone who still thinks solid state amplifiers can not equal the richness, immediacy, dense textures and soundstage of good SETs I recommend they give the First Watt F3 JFET amplifiers a listen. They might change their minds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread