Oris 150 with tapped bass horns (edited) (Oris Horns)

by Bert @, Thursday, June 22, 2017, 15:20 (2471 days ago) @ Boyan

Hi all,

I am thinking about pairing Oris 150 with 15 inch tapped bass horns. I am looking at Martinssons THAM15, here are the hornresp simulation :

What do you think, would it be a good match?

All high sensitivity bass horns will be a good match as long as they are not too much adding non existing noise their own to the mix...

Problem with this bass system is the huge dip after 150Hz making all above that frequency useless which should be corrected. The dip can't be corrected digitally but perhaps acoustically by adding a resonator within tuned to that frequency?

As subwoofer (up to 150Hz) it looks like a killer but it does not go high enough correctly to be a perfect mate for the Oris 150 unless you EQ that one too down to 150Hz.

But on the other hand, most listening rooms show the same and then it might not be obvious in the end?

Never heard or tested the system myself though, just thinking out loud with the information I have.

Edit: I have found several other frequency plots showing the dip higher in frequency which would make it an almost perfect match but then make sure that all after the dip is digitally removed/corrected. The rear chamber of the horn needs to be tuned (electronically or acoustically) to the used driver to show the same (mirrored) frequency response.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread