New project... ehm, old project! (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Tuesday, August 08, 2023, 09:55 (263 days ago)

30 years ago while building my studio I implemented this huge bass horn under the floor...

[image]

After some time it was modified, the horn mouth completely filled with 32 12" woofers. Done this because the 5,5m long horn suffered from time delay issues with the main speakers placed on top.

[image]

The bass was extremely good but the delay became more and more annoying...

[image]

With the 12" woofers that problem was solved until I inverted my listening position.

The woofer filled horns were still active (only while watching movies) but lately not connected anymore... my main system (old picture) basically does not need it.

[image]

In the meantime I am rebuilding the studio and the horns are still there... for some time already I wanted to bring them back to original and this is the perfect time to make it happen.

There were times with this horns where things were so much enjoying which the 12" woofer modification lacked.

So, I am working on them at the moment to get them good looking and fully functional again.

Luckily I still have the perfect woofers for these horns used for another project in the past.

[image]

https://www.beyma.com/speakers/Fichas_Tecnicas/12P80ND.PDF

Give me a few weeks and it will be alive again! Probably subwoofer only although the timing issue is not a problem anymore....

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread