Sound Advice for All. (Off Topic)

by GC, Sunday, March 13, 2005, 08:48 (6955 days ago) @ GC
edited by GC, Sunday, March 13, 2005, 08:53

Excessive noise over the years causes loss of upper frequency hearing. How? The fine small sensory hairs in the ear are thinned out. Micro-photos show this on studies. Mine, in the right ear, were thinned out, no thanks to the din of the Pratt and Whitney exhaust, when I clocked up a thousand hours on the DC 3 as a copilot, in 1964. Later, sitting in the left hand seat, when I had a command, the exhaust note was mush less, so that the left ear stayed fine. The six monthly medical high frequency hearing test picked this up straight away. Practicing naturapathic medicine, as a hobby, I discovered that these fine hairs will regrow, if one supplements with 500 mgs of acetyl-l-cysteine, (empty stomach before breakfast), for a period of about six months. At age 68 my hearing is again fine, so I can enjoy the full range of live and canned music. This safe, non-toxic amino acid has a multitude of other beneficial health effects, and is available from nutritiondiscounters.com, AST brand, sold as NAC 500.

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread