Fostex fe 206e speakers. (BD-Design)

by GC, Sunday, April 24, 2005, 18:33 (6931 days ago)

Hi, I just bought the fostex fe 206e speakers.

That are so nice but, have a bad brightness to them with some music. I need to build a box for them. I have them sitting in a double front open back baffle. Which will help my speakers horn or bass reflex. I know there is goods and bads to both boxs.

Also A lot of people on the web tell me to put a notch filter on the fostex's or it will ripe my ears off. Is this now using a crossover? I thought they were fullrange and needed no cossovers? I just need some help. I would hate to give up a good thing.

Does cables help like dh labs I am using monster cable and a bright onkyo stereo amp. I will be switching to my harman kardon as soon as I get the 5 fuses I need 50.00 u.s. for 2 of each of them wow. I will also be getting tube amps and pre amps and a good cd player. Right now I have a 60.00 cd player and straight wire cables. So Is there anything I can do to correct this problem? I have at least 7 to 10 hours on my speakers. I do love the sound stage and how clear they are and how musical they are. My freind said they are the most detailed speaker he has heard and so sweet on some cd's. Like it is being played right in my room like his wife said not a hi-fi fan I thought you were playing the gutair in that room or we were in a cafe listening to b.b. king play. SO if you can help please let me know I need it.

Thanks jm

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread