Fellow Horn Speake Lovers in/near London (Off Topic)

by GC, Thursday, April 28, 2005, 01:56 (6932 days ago)

Hi All,

My wife, Mary, and I are going to take a vacation in England May 18-27 of this year. Mary is as passionate about horticulture as I am about music and audio. It has occurred to me that even though I too am a gardener I tire of gardens, aborteums, flower shows, etc. well before Mary. An alternate diversion is in order.

I would really love to meet, talk with and listen with a fellow audiophile who enjoys wide range driver-horn loaded speakers as much as I do. I know it takes a special sort of person to invite a complete stranger to visit your home just because of a shared avocation, but if you are that sort of person (as I am), and you live in London or no more than a one and one half hour train ride away I would love to hear from you. I would be glad to pick up a bottle of wine or Scotch or whatever your favorite poison is on the way.

I'm a fifty-five year old American with a slow, thick southern drawl, a white beard, seven fingers, a beautiful wife of thirty-five years and an incurable propensity for poking fun at stereotypes and at myself. I write occassional published newspaper columns, poetry and quirky humor.

If you should invite me I'll be easy to identify as I approach your flat or house. I'll be the one with a bottle of wine in my left hand and a H&K assault rifle in my right. I'm totally just kidding about the firearm, of course. The last two times I brought a full auto assault rifle in through Gatwick I had one hell of a time. Those UK customs officers have little or no appreciation for a man's inalienable right to keep and bear arms. Now I just settle for my broad sword with the ruby and emerald encrusted haft.

Don Reid

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread