Bert's TQWT vs. Singular (BD-Design)

by GC, Monday, May 30, 2005, 17:56 (6898 days ago)

Bert,
I built your old two driver version TQWP a year or so ago out of 3/4" MDF. I have Fostex FE103E's in front and RS 1197's in the rear. I am pretty happy with them for the most part. I roughly measured the response with a meter and a PC based freq generator and confirmed the lumpy bass although I really don't notice it while listening to music. They still amaze people who listen to them for the first time.
I am now intereseted in the FE207E (or FE206E w/EQ circuit) Singular enclosure. What can I expect to hear differently than my TQWT's? I would like to build the Singulars out of birch this time around. I need to be convinced the (hopefully) improved bass response and overall sound are enough to warrent the time and expense. My spouse thinks the TQWT's sound great and can't imagine any improvememnt, although she would not qualify as an audiophile and doesn't really take my hobby very seriously. It would be nice if she noticed a difference too since these enclosures are quite a bit larger than my current ones.
Thanks.
Mark (anyone feel free to chime in, I know Bert's away at the moment)

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread