oris 200 back chamber stuffing (BD-Design)

by GC, Saturday, September 10, 2005, 04:02 (6775 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert,

1. is the rubber strip put at the edge of the PVC back chamber as a cushion for the horn to sit when it's bond to the ring?

2. using the glue alone, is it enough to hold the horn for a long time? I mean, would the screw goes all the way through to the horn too to hold it here when we drill in onto the ring?

3. after we push the ring in to the back chamber and before we apply the glue to glue the horn, you said to add "silicon sealant". Is that to add around the ring touching the PVC back chamber? If yes, then which side, the side facing the wood (back), or the side facing the horn? Or both? Is it for securing the position of the ring, or for air sealing?

4. I see in the photo on the instruction manual that you have some sort of foam/rubber strip directly on the inside alignment of the ring, seems to be for driver to sit on it; is that extra? Should I put something like that before I fix my driver on?

5. I might need to drill holes on the back chamber to attach a mount there to mount the back chamber to the base box; is it ok to drill into the back chamber? What kind of precautions I should take?

Thks
Francis

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread