Foobar / TwinDac+ (BD-Design)

by GC @, Oslo-Norway, Wednesday, October 26, 2005, 21:35 (6729 days ago)

Hi
After using my TwinDac+ for several months fed by a Sony DVD-transport,I have atlast built a MusicPC.I have configured both Windows and Foobar as Bert recomends. Copying a CD in EAC works fine, but when trying to play back via Foobar a window pops up saying:
INFO(CORE):Startuptime 190ms
INFO(CORE):opening file for playback:
INFO(CORE):Location:"file://c:bsTrack1.wav"(0) [( bs=backslash)]
ERROR (Foo_output_std): An enhets-ID outside system area is in use.

Sorry could not find the English word for (enhets-ID) maybe: unit-ID ?

Yours
Morten

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 00:27 (6729 days ago) @ GC

Hi Morten,

ERROR (Foo_output_std): An enhets-ID outside system area is in use.

This means that your computer configuration is not correct and probably causes a conflict.

Did you restart the computer after changing the settings for the soundcard?
Did you restart the computer after changing the settings in foobar?
Do you hear Windows sounds (at startup and such)?

Is the Sound Options window looking like shown on the forum topic? No ability the change settings like volume and such?

Did you select the USB Audio device (is it selectable?) as Output Device and restarted the player after changing those settings?

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC @, Oslo-Norway, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 01:14 (6729 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert
Yes the PC has been restarted several times and all screens look like your instructions.The sound window is all grey, no sound from PC.
The TwinDac+ play great from a regular transport.
PC says it has recognized an USB-dac.
I am stuck!
Yours
Morten

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 10:06 (6728 days ago) @ GC

Hi Morten,

Okay, then the soundcard is turned off.

Try to startup the computer fully without the TwinDAC connected. When completely started then connect the TwinDAC again (use another USB port) and let the computer install the needed drivers for it.

Is it working okay now?

Which Windows version do you use?

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC @, Oslo-Norway, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 12:26 (6728 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert
OK,I got music now, but I had to enable the "USB-audioapparaat"
in the last window in you Windows config. You show :
Audiomogelijkheden voor dit apparaat niet gebruiken, but I had to change that to: gebruiken.
What is happening?
Yours
Morten

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 21:47 (6728 days ago) @ GC

Hi Morten,

What is happening?

The TwinDAC+ drivers have to be installed first before things can be disabled. That is why you probably had to turn it on.

I have to change the configuration settings documentation though, its more simple that I thought in the beginning. The only thing that needs to be done is to turn the sound card off and next turn off the mixer options of the soundcard. After restart then the soundcard and mixer functions are all disabled.

That's all that needs to be done besides having foobar running in real-time mode.

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC @, Oslo-Norway, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 23:38 (6728 days ago) @ GC

Hi
So, what are you saying, do I have to have the soundcard enabled all the time from now? Or is it some way I could start the prosess over.
As it is now it has to be on to hear any sound via the TwinDac+.
Could you tell me step by step what to do ? I know my electronics quite well,
but when it comes to PC`s I am LOST !
Yours
Morten

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC, Thursday, October 27, 2005, 23:53 (6728 days ago) @ GC

Hi Morten,

The soundcard in the PC should be turned off all the time. The mixer functions of the same soundcard should also be disabled. If configured properly (when things are changed you'll have to restart the computer) then the Audio Options window is looking like this:

[image]

You have to leave the USB DAC turned on (if you turn if off then it won't work). You should only disable the mixer functions for the DAC.

In Foobar you should be able to select the USB DAC, restart foobar and play your music.

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC @, Norway, Sunday, November 06, 2005, 02:06 (6719 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert
It is playing now.The only way I could do it was to disable the soundcard in Bios,hope it is ok. Another thing; I rip my cd`s on my ordinary computer which is connected to the net to get cd titles etc.,using EAC and wav and place them directly on ext. Maxtor 300GB HD.Then i plug this HD into my specialy built fanless PC-player (ViaEpia mini itx)conected to the TwinDac+. Do I have to disable the soundcard of my ordinary pc also to get optimal sound quality? By the way; it is hard to find short USB cables, not at least good ones.
Regards
Morten

Tags:

Foobar / TwinDac+

by GC, Sunday, November 06, 2005, 10:41 (6718 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert

Hi Morten,

Turned out in the BIOS or any other way is okay. If you're not able to adjust the volume of the output with Windows then it is working okay.

No need to turn of the soundcard on your other computer when ripping CD's, this is only needed when you want to playback optimally.

I bought mine in the USA (one year back) and Eddie found one locally under the brand name Belkin Pro. Search the Internet for Belkin USB (AB) cables...

You need a high speed cable (usually made for USB2.0) which are shielded properly and will do well. Even if they are not too expensive...

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread