Any users of Oris Horn vinyl addicts? (Off Topic)

by GC, Thursday, November 24, 2005, 10:58 (6721 days ago)

Hi all,

I have read wonderful feedback on the twindac but it does not appear to be a lot of vinyl users around. Just want to share with you guys the effect of hearing vinyl reproduction through the Oris system.

Due to the high sensitivity of the Oris system, I found the phono preamp or step up devices and related equipment needs to be very good quality in terms of amplification, noise and hum level, etc. This is quite a hard test for the phono front end equipment as well as the cleanliness of the records. But I found the vinyl can be revealed at its highest potential through the Oris system which is x-overless. The realism of LP reproduction, once set up properly, is so effortless, and the bass is very organic and natural. The double bass is now vibrant, and very real to the scale, not the usual punchy punchy disco bass which you cannot identify the strings easily.

I have several LP turntables and I am trying to set up different system for different type of musics.

Are there any vinyl addicts out there?

Ringo

Tags:

Any users of Oris Horn vinyl addicts?

by GC, Thursday, November 24, 2005, 21:10 (6721 days ago) @ GC

Hi Ringo,

Count me in. Although music through my modified marantz CD80 with homebrew DAC sounds very nice, I prefer vinyl. Well recorded records on my Scheu look-a-like turntable with "phono-dude' tube phonostage just give that extra wide, extra deep stage and nice details I miss in CD's. I must say that listening 'CD's' at Berts place, using digital music from the PC through the twindac and Berts amps and speakers gives the same impression. Playing vinyl is some more work (cleaning the records, cleaning the needle and turning the record after 20 minutes, no remote), but buying second hands for a few euro's and the music sounding more free and more 'live' makes me playing vinyl with a big smile. :-)

[image]

Werner

Tags:

by GC, Friday, December 02, 2005, 12:01 (6713 days ago) @ GC

Hi werner,

I totally agree with your view. CD gives us more convenience, and remote is one big creation in the world!

Yes, I always found surprise buying cheap LPs. Very cheap but good sound.

One good point about vinyl system is that you can always fine tune the sound by VTA, VTF, MC loading, matching transformers, etc. Unlimited combinations!

Cheers
Ringo

Tags:

by GC, Friday, November 25, 2005, 00:30 (6720 days ago) @ GC

by GC, Friday, December 02, 2005, 12:02 (6713 days ago) @ GC

Hi Rodney,

Is your tonearm Naim ARO? I love the arm but never own it!

Cheers
Ringo

Tags:

by GC @, Singapore, Friday, November 25, 2005, 16:40 (6720 days ago) @ GC

Hi Ringo,

You must be a very rich person. I can only afford 2 tonearm on 1 turtable...envy

Tags:

by GC, Friday, December 02, 2005, 12:06 (6713 days ago) @ GC

Yeah, I am a rich after buying the Oris system. The performance ratio is very high and always tweaking available to improve the sound (i changed from fostex driver to lowther and then AER gradually). I save the $$ for other part of the system, after changing the old speaker system (new price >USD15k) to Oris ...

Ringo

Tags:

by GC, Friday, December 02, 2005, 11:59 (6713 days ago) @ GC

Dear All,

Been a busy week tweaking the system.

I have several LP tables one for Jazz (Ortofon SPU + Garrard 401), one for classical (BrinkmaGC Avance + Pluto), one for pop (Audiomeca Roma + Rega). I am in the process to setup a new table for mono playback. I have bought an Audio Technica MONO MC cartridge lately.

Very pleased with LP playback through the Oris system, but its high sensitivity requires higher setup standard, and time of course!

Cheers

Ringo

Tags:

by GC, Tuesday, January 09, 2007, 12:10 (6310 days ago) @ GC

Hi Ringo,

Here I posted;
http://www.bd-design.nl/forum/index.php?id=9868

Kohjin

Tags:

by GC, Friday, December 02, 2005, 12:03 (6713 days ago) @ GC

I have a Garrard 401 system, with Ortofon RMG-309 tonearm and SPU reference. Very very analog and good sound, especially reproducing jazz...

Ringo

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread