Fostex 208 E sigma drivers and some pict (Off Topic)

by dalton @, Thursday, March 09, 2006, 14:27 (6613 days ago)

:blush: High everybody.

I have been scanning your forum for at least a year and during that time ventured into some full range projects.

BD design TQWT three of these using BD supplied ACR drivers and another one with Fostex 108.

Just recently finished a sligtly smaller TQWT with a single Fostex driver and double port loaded. Just to report this sounds pretty amazing. Made from solid hard maple and pitch pine from some old 100 year old tables. (I like to recycle)

[img]images/uploaded/image92.jpg[/img]

[img]images/uploaded/image93.jpg[/img]

Above not pictures of the latest ones. Will post soon.

Anyways I wonder if anyone has designs/ thoughts an ideas regarding the Fostex 208Esigma driver. Rear loaded horn. I had some success with the 108 sigma but now looking to build around this larger driver. Maybe even front horn load.

many thanks for Berts inspirational designs. I can only aspire to his designs whilst rying to stay "wife friendly" in my own output. Not sure I could get a horn in my living room but working on it.

If anyone is looking for advise re. woodworking I maybe able to provide some ideas. I trained as an engineer and have built a number of pieces of furnishing as well as cam operated resistance training equipment for a proffesional rugby team. Handy with a saw hammer welder and sharp pencil.

Tags:

Fostex 208 E sigma drivers and some pict

by Eddie @, Sunday, March 12, 2006, 23:52 (6610 days ago) @ dalton

Hello Dalton,

Anyways I wonder if anyone has designs/ thoughts an ideas regarding the
Fostex 208Esigma driver. Rear loaded horn. I had some success with the 108
sigma but now looking to build around this larger driver. Maybe even front
horn load.

I am using the Fostex FE208Sigma for almost 10 years by now and I am very happy with them. First I used them in back loaded horns but the bass was limited and irregular also because of poor room acoustics. Now they are in a 3-way system as you can see on my homepage http://www.phys.tue.nl/EPG/veldhuizen/hobbies.htm

If you have specific questions left, contact me by email.

Regards,
Eddie

PS Do you know the website of Cain&Cain?

Tags:

Fostex 208 E sigma drivers and some pict

by dalton @, Tuesday, March 14, 2006, 18:12 (6608 days ago) @ Eddie

Cain and Cain Website

http://www.cain-cain.com/abby/index.html

Which uses the latest Sigma 208E driver with a Hyperbolic Paraboloid banana paper cone. How different this is from your older one in performance terms I don't know. It doesnt have a wizzer cone though response 42 hz to 14 Khz

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread