Now the AER MD3 drivers are playing... (BD-Design)

by Sibi @, Germany, Friday, March 17, 2006, 20:20 (6613 days ago)

Hi all!

Now the AER MD3 drivers are playing in my ORIS 150 horns and what can I say...

...absolutely fantastic!!! All the things I was missing while using the Lowthers PM6a are now there. But it's purely a matter of taste...
I'll think, the AER drivers fit best in this horn. For me it's unthinkable to change the drivers. Bert, you didn't promise too much. THX!

Regarding the "Bass section", I'm now using an active diy subwoofer borrowed from my homecinema system. :grin: It works but it is not the best solution...
I'm not shure wheter I should built the bass cabinets form Bert or should I look for conventional finished active subwoofers like SVS etc. I'm planning to use one sub for each horn.

Maybe the members in this forum could give me some kind advice regarding this question. :blush:

Thanks for help.

Regards

Thomas

Tags:

Now the AER MD3 drivers are playing...

by robert, Friday, March 17, 2006, 22:25 (6613 days ago) @ Sibi

Hi Thomas
The bass is very important and the most difficult part of the system
if you want the most of the MD3 then you need the reverence bass cabinets with bd15 woofers ,i tryed differend bass solutions (onken and Belle Klipsch style horns with 18 inch drivers)but the reverence is the best of all.
you need also good amplifiers ,i tried much amps but no one came close to de bd30, these are also recomended.

If u use this gear you have a starting point for filter adventures
the filtering can made or break the complete system

did you hear the system at Bert's place?
this is the best system i ever heard his filter is optimised for his room
and this is not done in a few days
regards Robert

Tags:

by Sibi @, Germany, Monday, March 27, 2006, 21:17 (6603 days ago) @ robert

Hi Robert

Thanks for your useful answer and sorry for my late reply...

Browsing through the showroom I divine that Bert's bass-cabinets with the BS 15 should be the best.
So I intend to go for that solution before I spend money for secondary experiments...

Until now, I haven't listen to Bert's equipment. Maybe I could arrange an appointment this summer.

@Bert: I saw the websites of the "AES Kassel guys" in Germany...do they have the same bass cabinets with the BD 15 bass and the BD 30 amp in demonstration that you use?

@All: Are there other imppression and experience which you like tho share with me?

Thanks for help.

Regards
Thomas

Tags:

by Bert @, Monday, March 27, 2006, 21:39 (6603 days ago) @ Sibi

Dear Sibi,

Until now, I haven't listen to Bert's equipment. Maybe I could arrange an
appointment this summer.

You're very welcome... :)

@Bert: I saw the websites of the "AES Kassel guys" in Germany...do they
have the same bass cabinets with the BD 15 bass and the BD 30 amp in
demonstration that you use?

They use the same bass cabinets and BD15's but not the BD30s'and also not passive line filters (they only want to sell completed amplifiers with active filters and not DIY).

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread