New Oris 250/8 horns... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Monday, April 03, 2006, 16:50 (6596 days ago)

Hi All,

While waiting for the BMS drivers, the digital EQ/filter, the phase plugs and other new developments still in the pipe-line I am also working on the new Oris 250 series for a wider range of drive units.

First one is almost ready and that is the one for 8" drive units. I have tested the horns with the Fostex FE206E's and I am now listening to the Oris 250's with the AER MD3's.

So far this last combination brings the best tonal balance and most freedom in sound. These Oris 250 horns do not go as low as the Oris 150 or the Oris 200 and need to be crossed around 250Hz.

No problem if you're using the Oris 150/BD15 for the bass as done with the Oris Ultra system. So far this new combination it the best system on all aspects! I will have to paint them for a better picture though... :blush:

[image]

The phase plug shown on the picture is the same as shown in the previous post but now made of transparent material... :smile:

Some more tests have to be done for the final configuration as kit though but as soon as these are ready as complete kit then you'll be the first to know!

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread