digital filter (Off Topic)

by Eddie @, Monday, May 22, 2006, 23:34 (6521 days ago)

Hello Bert,

In januari you talked a few times about a digital filter for bass respons equalization. Last week I came across a similar device, the Omnes Audio DBC-12. It is reviewed in the German journal Klang+Ton. It has lots of possibilities to adjust the filter and its price is moderate at 250 Euro. However, there was no comment whatsoever on its sound quality. After a short search on Internet I found something remarkable: although the DBC-12 has left/right inputs and outputs it is mono. So for use with the BD-15 in most cases two of them will be needed.

So my question to all readers on this forum: did anybody already hear this filter. And to Bert specifically: what is the status of your digital filter?

Two side remarks: I plugged my SennHeiser headphone directly in the output of the Twindac. This gave the best headphone sound I have ever heard even though the volume was on the low side. (Trick: put the equalizer of Foobar on +6 dB for all frequencies, but the may give distortion on peak level sounds). Finally: after searching more than a year and a total rebuild of my amplifier I found that the cause of the hum was an overheated capcitor! I must admit that this was my own fault, I changed the cathode resistor value without thinking about this consequence. Nevertheless I am at present very happy with the music that comes out of my system.

Eddie

Tags:

digital filter

by Bert @, Tuesday, May 23, 2006, 09:06 (6520 days ago) @ Eddie

Hi Eddie,

So my question to all readers on this forum: did anybody already hear this
filter. And to Bert specifically: what is the status of your digital
filter?

I have not heard that device which is also rather simple (not many options provided for precise EQ).

The status for "my" digital filter is out of my reach. I should have had it months ago but the supplier seems to have all sorts of problems...

I am still waiting for the final version but it does not keep me awake anymore. When it is here and it works as intended then I will start spreading the news.

Thanks for the TwinDAC tips but I do not use the EQ at all. With this driver in the way the sound becomes much more "flat" within my system...

Great news about the "missing" hum, must be silent... :smile:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread