AER MD-nB drivers (Off Topic)

by James D, Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 16:42 (6469 days ago)

Bert,

The AER MD-1B, 2B, 3B drivers with their much higher Qes - have you heard them and would you sell them? I'm curious as to how they would work on an OB...

James

Tags:

AER MD-nB drivers

by Bert @, Monday, July 24, 2006, 09:45 (6457 days ago) @ James D

Hi James,

The AER MD-1B, 2B, 3B drivers with their much higher Qes - have you heard
them and would you sell them? I'm curious as to how they would work on an
OB...

I have heard the MD1-B and the prototype of the MD2-B. These drivers sound very friendly, full but are not dynamical compared to the standard drivers.

I would use the AERmkI in an open baffle using an EQ to tame the rise in the high frequencies.

I am still waiting for newly tuned front parts to continue with experiments to improve the drivers but somehow this seems to take a very, very long time.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

AER MD-nB drivers

by James D, Tuesday, July 25, 2006, 11:50 (6456 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert,

I rather suspected that - the sensitivity is way down to match. Oh well the Mk1 is cheaper too so thats OK :smile:

I've noticed that during the high humidity the AERs have changed a little - it has gently softened the highs - not much just taken the 'edge' off a bit. Is this to be expected?

Oh I didn't post at the time but the Quasars were voted best sound at our EggFest 3 gathering in June again. So thats three on the trot with a different amp each time now and I hope they make it four in November. They nicely show up all the changes in the amps and front ends we show and fill the large hall we use like no other speaker we have tried. Their speed and bass impact just knocks people out - they expect the stunning voices and beautiful clear and fast highs but the real speed, impact and weight of drums leaves then shocked.

ciao

James

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread