What about the Supravox horn (Off Topic)

by Jacobus @, Wednesday, July 26, 2006, 17:31 (6455 days ago)

Hi all,

I was wondering of anyone has experience with the Supravox horn+B&C 250 compression driver crossed at 500HZ with a supravox 285gmf driver? can be found on www.supravox.fr. I caNot find much info on this, besides the info Supravox provides, which ofcourse says it is a wonderful speaker.

cheers,

Jacob

Tags:

What about the Supravox horn

by Bert @, Thursday, July 27, 2006, 09:52 (6455 days ago) @ Jacobus

Hi Jacob,

I was wondering of anyone has experience with the Supravox horn+B&C 250
compression driver crossed at 500HZ with a supravox 285gmf driver? can be
found on www.supravox.fr. I caNot find much info on this, besides the
info Supravox provides, which ofcourse says it is a wonderful speaker.

I do not think that you can cross that horn as low as 500Hz. Its way too small for that and looking at the frequency curve shows the roll-off starting at 1kHz already.... The GMF driver is capable to reach ikHz though but optimal integration migth be tricky or even impossible due to the differences in character and speed.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

What about the Supravox horn

by Jacobus @, Thursday, July 27, 2006, 22:32 (6454 days ago) @ Bert

I do not think that you can cross that horn as low as 500Hz. Its way too
small for that and looking at the frequency curve shows the roll-off
starting at 1kHz already.... The GMF driver is capable to reach ikHz
though but optimal integration migth be tricky or even impossible due to
the differences in character and speed.

Ciao,

Bert

Hey Bert,

It is not an idea of myself, it just the kit that Supravox sells. They use a filter which uses 6dB/oct for the tweeter and 12dB/oct for the woofer, so they make use of the roll off of the horn. They also say that it can only be used in hi-fi application, if you want to use powerful amps you should cross at 1500H. With a sensitivity of 98dB/w only 1-3 watts are more than enough blow yourself out of your seat. Again, this is how supravox designed it, it is not my idea. Ofcourse tyeh say it is wonderful. The reason I ask is because I have 2 285gmf drivers.

Cheers,

Jacob

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread