F200A in Singular enclosure (Singular)

by Geert K @, Thursday, August 17, 2006, 19:17 (6455 days ago)

Hello,

I am looking for a fullrange speaker to build, and stumbled across the Singular on this website.
I do have a SS amp, so I was thinking about the Fostex F200A, does it match with the singular cabinet ?

thanks in advance,
Geert Kusters

Tags:

F200A in Singular enclosure

by Bert @, Thursday, August 17, 2006, 20:30 (6455 days ago) @ Geert K

Hi Geert,

I do have a SS amp, so I was thinking about the Fostex F200A, does it match with the singular cabinet ?

Yes, it does. I have used that driver for experimenting with the Singular. It's pretty strong in the bass when using tubes and the standard damping but with a SS amplifier it would be a real good combination.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

by Geert K @, Wednesday, September 06, 2006, 18:32 (6435 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Geert,

I do have a SS amp, so I was thinking about the Fostex F200A, does it

match with the singular cabinet ?

Yes, it does. I have used that driver for experimenting with the Singular.
It's pretty strong in the bass when using tubes and the standard damping
but with a SS amplifier it would be a real good combination.

Hello Bert, i rather have less bass, but real thight & dry, then too much bass (i have a not so big livingroom +/- 30 m^2).
I saw the FE206ESR is still available on the net, doo you think it also is a good match for the singular enclosure ?

thanks,
Geert

Tags:

by Bert @, Friday, September 08, 2006, 11:59 (6433 days ago) @ Geert K

Hi Geert,

Sorry for the late response, I must have missed your post...

I saw the FE206ESR is still available on the net, doo you think it also is a good match for the singular enclosure ?

Yes, similar to the FE206E's.

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

by Geert K @, Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 16:23 (6428 days ago) @ Bert

Yes, similar to the FE206E's.

So i have the FE206ES-R now, can i apply the same attenuationnetwork for the mids/highs as the normal 206E's (1.2mH, 22Ohm, 470nF) ?

thanks,
Geert

Tags:

by Bert @, Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 20:11 (6428 days ago) @ Geert K

Hi Geert,

So i have the FE206ES-R now, can i apply the same attenuationnetwork for the mids/highs as the normal 206E's (1.2mH, 22Ohm, 470nF) ?

Nope, that driver has a different frequency response, a different impedance curve and the coil inductance of the driver is not the same either.

I could have designed a proper filter for you if I would have had the drivers here. I do not have them because I do not keep these drivers on stock (I have to order them especially if people want to have them).

Imagine that if these break down for whatever reason in the future then you will not be able to replace them for new because these are limited produced series.

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

by Geert K @, Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 23:09 (6427 days ago) @ Bert

Nope, that driver has a different frequency response, a different
impedance curve and the coil inductance of the driver is not the same
either.

ok, i'll first let them play without, if i think it needs correction i'm going to measure the curve and parameters and create a filter.

(I have to order them especially if people want to have them).

i thought they where a one time only production, didn't know they where still shipped on order by fostex, but then i didn't ask...

Tags:

by Geert K @, Thursday, May 31, 2007, 22:16 (6168 days ago) @ Geert K

Hello after a long time,
I decided to build the Fostex recommended enclosure for the FE206ESR.
It's playing for a month now, and they are really starting to break in now. I'm glad i build them.

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread