C 37 lack ? (Off Topic)

by damirdafish, Sunday, September 03, 2006, 15:32 (6416 days ago)

Does anyone try c37 lack on some of wood DIY-speaker, or on AER; Fostex-driver ?
I´am curious abot that c37 lack.:sad:

Tags:

C 37 lack ?

by Bert @, Sunday, September 03, 2006, 21:47 (6416 days ago) @ damirdafish

Hi Damir,

Does anyone try c37 lack on some of wood DIY-speaker, or on AER; Fostex-driver ?

I would not add C37 to an AER driver, you'll ruin the balance completely!

You could use it on Fostex drivers and even on wood. It does make a difference in a positive way. If used on a Fostex then the sound will be completely different, if you will like it is something you have to decide though.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

C 37 lack ?

by soundcheck @, Germany, Monday, September 04, 2006, 10:48 (6415 days ago) @ Bert

Hi folks.

I used Hammerl Violin Varnishes on wood.

http://www.hammerl.com/

Much cheaper then C37. And pretty much does the same thing.
You'll get all kind of colors and great advise how to apply that stuff.

Would be my recommendation for High-End wood treatment.

Klaus

Hi Damir,

Does anyone try c37 lack on some of wood DIY-speaker, or on AER;

Fostex-driver ?

I would not add C37 to an AER driver, you'll ruin the balance completely!

You could use it on Fostex drivers and even on wood. It does make a
difference in a positive way. If used on a Fostex then the sound will be
completely different, if you will like it is something you have to decide
though.

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

C 37 lack ?

by Brian Clark @, Monday, September 04, 2006, 15:35 (6415 days ago) @ soundcheck

Klaus, there are so many varnishes and varnish types in the Hammerl catalogue, which one (or ones) should we go for?
Thanks

Brian.

Tags:

C 37 lack ?

by soundcheck @, Germany, Monday, September 04, 2006, 17:10 (6415 days ago) @ Brian Clark

Hi Brian.

I took the Oil Varnish 1A. Though - the standard oil type is also OK according to Mr. Hammerl.
The standard is used for guitars. That's closer to speakers than violins, isn't it.
(Probably that's why my highs are a bit extended. Perhaps we should start another thread on resonsance behaviour of different varnishes. Haha - Just joking.:grin:
Seriously - I bet you - there would be differences! But who is supposed to test this out?

The oil varnish its shiny though ! He also offers mat varnishes.

First time I bought the beginners set. To learn it from scratch. Just on a small piece of wood. The time it takes to get the surface and the color right is a nice learning process.

He has written a book how to do it. I'd call it another "science" to step into. He also sends a small instruction paper, which is sufficiant to work with.

Good to have such a hobby. It needs so many different skills to get
the whole thing working. You'll never run out of challenges.

Klaus

Klaus, there are so many varnishes and varnish types in the Hammerl
catalogue, which one (or ones) should we go for?
Thanks

Brian.

Tags:

C 37 lack ?

by Brian Clark @, Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 08:21 (6414 days ago) @ soundcheck

Thank you Klaus:pleasantry:

Brian.

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread