More questions on the Singular (Singular)

by chris @, Thursday, October 19, 2006, 12:24 (6392 days ago)

Would it be feasible to reduce the size of the Singular, particularly height and depth ?

The TL cross-section looks much bigger than the drive unit area, so I wondered if this could be reduced. Obviously, the resonator length would have to stay the same.

Previously, I asked whether the F200A could be substituted for the FE206/7, but thinking more on this, the resonant freq of the F200A is a lot lower (30Hz cf 39Hz). So, wouldn't the TL have to be correspondingly longer for the F200A ?

Tags:

More questions on the Singular

by Bert @, Friday, October 20, 2006, 13:34 (6391 days ago) @ chris

Hi Chris,

Would it be feasible to reduce the size of the Singular, particularly height and depth ?

Sure, but then the performance will be very different.

The TL cross-section looks much bigger than the drive unit area, so I condered if this could be reduced. Obviously, the resonator length would have to stay the same.

It is not only the length that is important, its the relation of all dimensions.

Previously, I asked whether the F200A could be substituted for the FE206/7, but thinking more on this, the resonant freq of the F200A is a lot lower (30Hz cf 39Hz). So, wouldn't the TL have to be correspondingly longer for the F200A ?

No, the enclosure dictates what the driver should do in the lower frequencies, only the amount of bass depends on the Qts of the driver, not the resonance frequency.

Built it as designed and you'll be very happy with the results in combination with the F200A's

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread