Hello to all. (horn question) (Off Topic)

by Rick B. @, Sunday, November 26, 2006, 18:19 (6354 days ago)

First post so be nice please.

I felt the need to throw that out because my questions will most likely appear stupid and or naive.

Anyway, I own a pair of Lowther DX-3's. I have tried them in 3 different enclosures and have not been happy with any of them.

I'm interested in the Oris designs but since I've had little luck getting the Lowthers to sound good I'm hesitant to spend a great deal of money.

Excluding the cost of the Lowthers, or anything for base units, what can I expect to pay for parts? I'm only interested in a 2-way speaker for each channel.

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

Hello to all. (horn question)

by Gasper, Monday, November 27, 2006, 08:12 (6354 days ago) @ Rick B.

Dear Rick!

I understand your "worries", but you do not need to worry any more :scared:

I have the DX3's also and they were used in Fidelio enclsure for the start. You can not compare the Fidelio and Oris 150 :dntknw:

All the "problems" with Lowther's (for those who don't like them) are gone with the Oris 150 horn in the front. The benefits are: more body, more details, more dynamics, much more open sound and smoother presentation :good:

I have bought the Oris horn after a long discussion with Bert and I am wery happy for that. I think you will not be disapointed - oposite You will start to enjoy the music.

If you will have any question more, please do not hesitate to post here. You can see some nice projects on Bert's site in the Showroom section. :cool:

Best regards,

Gasper.

Tags:

Hello to all. (horn question)

by Bert @, Monday, November 27, 2006, 12:22 (6354 days ago) @ Rick B.

Hi Rick,

Excluding the cost of the Lowthers, or anything for base units, what can I expect to pay for parts? I'm only interested in a 2-way speaker for each channel.

You can check out the Oris DIY page at:

http://www.bd-design.nl/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d82.html

Most prices are mentioned there besides shipping costs. For the DX3 the options are the Oris 250 (for 8" drivers), the Oris 200 or the Oris 150.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread