I'm Interested in a Sound Comparision (Orphean)

by Cappy @, Sunday, December 10, 2006, 21:34 (6319 days ago)

I am interested in a comparison between the sound of a classical string quartet on the Orphean vs. the Oris/250/AER MD3/new phase plugs.

Thanks.

Tags:

I'm Interested in a Sound Comparision

by Bert @, Sunday, December 10, 2006, 21:49 (6319 days ago) @ Cappy

Hi Bill,

I am interested in a comparison between the sound of a classical string quartet on the Orphean vs. the Oris/250/AER MD3/new phase plugs.

Difficult to answer...

Both will show four people playing their music for sure but I guess this is not the answer you're looking for... :no:

It is a bit like apples and oranges, both usually taste good and yet very different. Comparing the Oris 200/250 with the AER would be more easy to describe...

With the Orphean you'll have a more clear and cleaner "picture" of what is happening with more finer details. With the AER it is more "fuzzy" or "romantic".

You should hear it, like looking at two pictures showing the same thing but still different...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

by Cappy @, Sunday, December 10, 2006, 23:04 (6319 days ago) @ Bert

Thanks, that was helpful. Yes, I would like to hear the Orphean.

That is interesting that the Orphean is clearer since the AERs are about the clearest I've heard.

How about the tone of the violins in that string quartet, say? How would that differ? Is one more realistic than the other? I am happy with the string tone I am getting now and wouldn't want to lose anything there.

Tags:

by Bert @, Monday, December 11, 2006, 00:48 (6319 days ago) @ Cappy

Hi Bill,

That is interesting that the Orphean is clearer since the AERs are about the clearest I've heard.

It is not more clear in clarity, its cleaner and therefore more transparent and detailed.

How about the tone of the violins in that string quartet, say? How would that differ? Is one more realistic than the other? I am happy with the string tone I am getting now and wouldn't want to lose anything there.

If you can hear more clearly then I would say it is more natural from what is present on the recording...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread