BMS 4590 (Drive Units)

by Aksel, Monday, December 11, 2006, 19:31 (6318 days ago)

I read that you(Bert) have been testing the BMS 4590.I have been thinking about trying it as a beetwen the supravox 285GMF and the T90a i got from you.
So i would be pleased to here about any experiences you had with it!
I am happy with the T90a (Probably untill i hear something better)
I was really lucky last week beacuse i got a great old textronix scope that
was phased out at work.Beats most new digital scopes for analog signals.

Tags:

BMS 4590

by Bert @, Monday, December 11, 2006, 22:13 (6318 days ago) @ Aksel

Hi Aksel,

I read that you(Bert) have been testing the BMS 4590.I have been thinking about trying it as a beetwen the supravox 285GMF and the T90a i got from you.

Testing is a big word, I compared it with the 4592ND and the last one did do more the things I liked for use in the Orphean.

I am happy with the T90a (Probably untill i hear something better)

The BMS 4590 is a co-axial design with built-in tweeter. In that case it would be better to use the 4591...?

Which horn do you have in mind for it, just using the driver won't work well.. :wink:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

BMS 4590

by Aksel, Tuesday, December 12, 2006, 19:41 (6317 days ago) @ Bert

You are right off course.:blush: It was the midrange only BMS 5491 i was thinking about.It will require horn loading and the horn used must load the driver down to around 200hz i belive.It should be possible to use it down below the specified
300hz in a low power application like this. Excactly what horn to use i am not shure off.The Oris 250 is an alternative off course.
Still this is all ideas and i like to play around with them in my head before
actually trying things out.But i feel that it is about time i get a real horn in my system!
I am going to try battery filaments in my amp soon.I got a lot of 40ah nicad aircraft battery cells ready to be used!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread