Orphean with dipole bass? (Orphean)

by Stian @, Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 19:07 (6287 days ago)

Hi,

My first post here, although I have followed the saga of Oris for a few years.

A few years back I used the Avantgarde Uno hornspeakers, and liked what I heard. Several things forced me to change to more "normal" speakers (martin logan summit right now). Now I once again have a dedicated room for music (6,85x4,85,2,55m) and the urge to get horns is strong! My inital plan was to buy Avantgarde Duo Omega, but building my own will be much more fun!:grin:

So......has anybody tried, or though about trying the orphean with a dipole bass system? To me it would seem like a good way to control room modes with dipole bass and limited dispersion horns.

I´m planning IB subwoofers from about 40Hz in the dividing wall, so loundness and extension of the dipole bass will be limited.

best regards
Stian

Tags:

Orphean with dipole bass?

by Bert @, Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 19:53 (6287 days ago) @ Stian

Hi Stian,

Welcome to the forum!

Now I once again have a dedicated room for music (6,85x4,85,2,55m) and the urge to get horns is strong! My inital plan was to buy Avantgarde Duo Omega, but building my own will be much more fun!:grin:

Once addicted to horns makes it hard to ignore them! :wink:

So......has anybody tried, or though about trying the orphean with a dipole bass system? To me it would seem like a good way to control room modes with dipole bass and limited dispersion horns.

Not me (at least not yet but close to start the first experiments). Read the text here: http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=10292&page=0&category=12&order=time

JamesD does have the Oris 200 with an open panel woofer setup. He is in the Showroom but also lurking this forum from time to time...

I´m planning IB subwoofers from about 40Hz in the dividing wall, so loundness and extension of the dipole bass will be limited.

Then still, more headroom gives less distortion (hence the reason why the Quasar uses two 15" drivers each channel....)

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread