Reference to Orphean on German forum (Off Topic)

by Ivo, Monday, February 19, 2007, 02:07 (6248 days ago)

Hi,

There's a long thread on the BMS compression drivers and round horns on a German forum, see link:

Reference to Orphean on German Forum

Ivo

Tags:

Reference to Orphean on German forum

by Jim D., Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:07 (6244 days ago) @ Ivo

Too bad I don't speak, much less read, German. :shame:

Jim

Tags:

by Bert @, Thursday, February 22, 2007, 22:14 (6244 days ago) @ Jim D.

Hi Jim,

Basically that thread is not about the Orphean, the only things said about it is the shown post (placed there as an option to choose among other idea's).

Most talk is about Jabo horns so actually this topic is way of topic and should not be here...

I think I will delete it soon because it does not contain much usefull information for me and people visiting here.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

by Ivo, Friday, February 23, 2007, 01:57 (6244 days ago) @ Jim D.

Hi Jim,

Well, tens of millions of people do, so I guess this is a special treat for only them... :wink:

Bert is a bit pessimistic about the thread. They discuss how fond they are of the BMS drive units and widerange horns. Also, they say that Bert's Orpheans are their dreamspeaker, more so than the Jabo.

I think that's a pretty good review and it's all in the linked thread. If that's not relevant, than I don't know what is. Maybe the board switched from loudspeakers and BD-Design gear to an electronics and software board.

Ivo

Tags:

by Bert @, Friday, February 23, 2007, 09:08 (6243 days ago) @ Ivo

Hi Ivo,

I think that's a pretty good review and it's all in the linked thread. If
that's not relevant, than I don't know what is. Maybe the board switched
from loudspeakers and BD-Design gear to an electronics and software
board.

It is a nice thread but it would "fit" more here if things were compared in reality which probably will happen some day soon anyhow. Most issues dicussed there are hardly related to BD-Design or the Orphean.

Talking about problems with BMS configurations other and with the Orphean does not tell people much, perhaps interesting for the DIY-ers who like to face problems for things already solved optimally with the Orphean?

The BMS driver they discuss isn't even the same as the one I am using!

This forum is still about loudspeakers (related to BD-Design) but also about electronics and front ends to be used with those speakers. Without a proper source and good sounding electronics it would be a pity and at this moment the highest interest does seem to be in favour of electronics....

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread