Redwine Signature 30 (Off Topic)

by GC, Friday, March 09, 2007, 21:32 (6249 days ago)

Who heard that amp in reality, except for my intelligence services in Denmark. And what do those eventuals think?

I already had my lasso thrown out around this forum if it would work well with my beloved SWINGs. And I got the answers.

So basically I'm just into the "tell me something" about that amp from whom might have tried it.

I will not cencure my opinion about it the day it's connected. That will be an unbiased response, as I have no economical or for that sake emotional problems doing so. :bey:

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by Bert @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 21:40 (6249 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC,

Who heard that amp in reality, except for my intelligence services in Denmark

I have not heard it but I can tell you in about 4-5 weeks (before you have it and hopefully in combination with the UcD's and the NF 9SE).

Some time ago somebody posted his experiences with the Signature 70's (I believe it was Takman). Do a search and you will find that post for sure...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Friday, March 09, 2007, 22:56 (6249 days ago) @ Bert

Some time ago somebody posted his experiences with the Signature 70's (I
believe it was Takman). Do a search and you will find that post for
sure...

Ciao,

Bert

Bert

You have too much thrust in me. I found nothing :read:

Can you help a little?

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by Bert @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 23:03 (6249 days ago) @ GC

You have too much thrust in me. I found nothing :read:

Can you help a little?

A little? Okay,

Look at the top of the forum page and click on the link called |Search| next to the |BD-Design| link.

Type in Takman and click on the Search button.

This should show links to messages posted by Takman...

Good Luck!

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Friday, March 09, 2007, 23:25 (6249 days ago) @ Bert

Bert

And now I found it of course.

And as it usualy is here, it's hard to remember posts more than 5 minutes old.

Studying the threads there, it seems to me it is deviding people in different camps. As usual I should say. Taste is after all the dominating parameter.

But one thing to conclude though: It is just too interesting leaving those mentioned amps untried.

Misssion: I have the Border Petrol 300SE's going here. Hapyy about them as long as they are not on trial with D's and T's. Then they fail. They fail due to my SWINGs does tell a different story than my old ORIS's did.

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by Rudolf150 @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 23:33 (6249 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC,

And as it usualy is here, it's hard to remember posts more than 5 minutes
old.

I guess it is because of the Redwine in your blood ...:grin:

Misssion: I have the Border Petrol 300SE's going here. Hapyy about them as
long as they are not on trial with D's and T's. Then they fail. They fail
due to my SWINGs does tell a different story than my old ORIS's did.

Can you tell me, how the Border Patrol (or do you mean Petrol ... you want to set them on fire ????:shame: ) fails to compete with the D's and T's?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 00:11 (6249 days ago) @ Rudolf150
edited by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 01:20

My dear friend Rudolf

How it is somehow nice to see you here again. Remember he cozy evening in Berts studio and the drive to the forest hotel talks? First listen to the SWING's? We were blown out by the sound of those Goodies.

And as it usualy is here, it's hard to remember posts more than 5

minutes

old.

I guess it is because of the Redwine in your blood ...:grin:

Indeed it is. So i choose to buy those amps, just because of the name :grin:

Misssion: I have the Border Petrol 300SE's going here. Hapyy about them

as

long as they are not on trial with D's and T's. Then they fail. They

fail

due to my SWINGs does tell a different story than my old ORIS's did.

Can you tell me, how the Border Patrol (or do you mean Petrol ... you want
to set them on fire ????:shame: ) fails to compete with the D's and T's?

Sorry Rudolf. Again I went too far. I havn't heard the T's here only the NF's. But that event somehow proved there is much more to find than the theory behind those tubed amps I have now.
Ahh...the BP's blew them self off in smoke back in 2004. The enclosed 300B's went up in fire after a very short while. Not the amps fault though. Just a Mesh Plate tube manufactorers quality system failed here. Inserting new tubes cured the fire smoke polution

Well, Rudolf, I'm the less experienced guy to ask about the New Age Classed amps. I'm just entering this universe by now. No further experience than that I already reported many times here.
The life-like "un-touched" letting the source material come through. The appearence of sound out of the blue sky thing. The blacked background. The micro dynamics. The speed of those amps. The resolution unmatched by others when dynamics/transients are on talk. The appeal to the nature of human sound perception. The un-involved not being an amp here at all. The sound stage unblurred. The layers of dimensions revieled to you so seemlessly..and the way those amps just treat the DC to Ligth band evenly.

That's what I heard until now. But there is obviously more to come with other makers of those amps.

The BP's might soon be British Petrol and not Boarder Patrol. Who knows?

My honest respect

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by Rudolf150 @, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 00:26 (6249 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC,

I think it is better for our reputation, not to elloborate on our trip through the woods to the hotel :shame:

Regarding your further info; I will read this in more detail tomorrow (my liquid redwine level in my blood is obstructing me to do this right now).

But for the new class amps, there must be a catch? So cheap, so efficient, so good sounding ... too good too be true :no:

Goodnight,
Rudolf

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by MikeH @, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 00:54 (6249 days ago) @ Rudolf150

But for the new class amps, there must be a catch? So cheap, so efficient,
so good sounding ... too good too be true :no:

They said the same thing about CDs.
I expect they will be the same:
Very good if done properly, but different. Some people will be prejudiced, some will genuinely dislike them, some will love them.

As an electronic technician I can see no reason why a properly designed class D amplifier with a high enough switching frequency caNot sound perfect.

by properly designed I mean with an intelligent feedback system and plenty of headroom.

(the redwine is a digital amplifier? If not I look very silly now and even more off topic)

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 01:18 (6249 days ago) @ MikeH

FWIW : The Red Wine is a Class T.
Class D come digital (e.g. TacT) and analogue (e.g. UcD).

Personally I wouldn't know about the T. Didn't look it up, can't Google at this time ... Ehh, stage. Hmm ... Status ?
Most probably this was just your question Mike. The first two lines above you already knew about.

I'm being most helpful again. :sleepy:

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 01:26 (6249 days ago) @ PeterSt.

I'm being most helpful again. :sleepy:

Forgiven at this hour Peter. I'm also pretty :sleepy: after ripping, posting an maintaining a certain Class here.

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by Cappy @, Friday, March 09, 2007, 22:20 (6249 days ago) @ GC

I haven't heard the Sig 30.

I did just read this review by Srajan though. It appears he prefers the Rosso, being a 45 tube lover kind of guy:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/firenze/rosso460b.html

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Friday, March 09, 2007, 22:48 (6249 days ago) @ Cappy
edited by GC, Friday, March 09, 2007, 23:00

Hi Cappy

Thanks for the response.

I read that review time ago and left it slightly stored in my memory. Thanks anyway posting the link. It is interesting reading for those who havn't visited that review.

I will lie to you if I would say it didn't trigger me somehow, but...you know "Magazines". :dntknw:

What really triggered me was that one of my very trusted friends in DK, who on my recomandation, bought the NuForce 9 SE's and were so happy with it, (actually he and the bunch around him were thrilled by the sound from those amps) until another to me unknown guy came with the SIG 30's for a comparation.

I did not slip out of that situation unpunished. They said, and this is not of my tongue, the SIG 30's barried the NF's.
And beleive me, those guys I have known for decades and have their references quite clear in mind.

So....I could not resist buying the SIG's.

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 02:31 (6249 days ago) @ GC
edited by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 02:56

Most apreciated posts here in this thread. :thankyou:

You guys are full of positive energy.

However I seek for the lost key under the street light where I didn't loose it.

I had no exact response about experiences about the Red Wine Signature 30 among all those appreciated posts and exchange of knowledge and statements.

So I'm looking up the "don't know yet" directory, no one to blame, scouts honor :read:
...as it seems no one actually are familiar with that particular T-amp as I am neither.

That's 111% ok with me. I was just curiuous who might actually "burn in" with some experience with that amp and wanted to come out here with an impression.

Takman however made his contribution to the mono versions. Thanks Takman.

It will nevertheless come in to dayligth in weeks time from now, how good that amp might be in my evaluative subjective universe. And that amp will meet competition from my side for sure. Others are still in the race for my Oscars.

Thanks for attending this topic with no needs for me to go to the "Way off Topic" and steam out my admiration for jokes.

GC:cool:

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by fu_man @, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 03:05 (6249 days ago) @ GC

GC,

sorry i can't be of help - I have a Sig 30 -- but have no useful reference. No 300B's, no Oris horn :cry::
Do hope to put it next to a Cayin 300B on some Rogers soon.

Currently driving Visaton open baffles. fantastic. Did try i on my Martin Logan CLS panels and of course not enough power but gorgeous combo. My horn speaker project is far away I'll probably be running GC before they are ever built! (they are a low cost trial on the long road to one day owning Orphaens... or whatever Bert has by then)
I bought the Sig 30 in anticipation of having horn speakers... and one day I will know..

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 03:27 (6249 days ago) @ fu_man

GC,

sorry i can't be of help - I have a Sig 30 -- but have no useful
reference. No 300B's, no Oris horn :cry::
Do hope to put it next to a Cayin 300B on some Rogers soon.

Currently driving Visaton open baffles. fantastic. Did try i on my Martin
Logan CLS panels and of course not enough power but gorgeous combo. My
horn speaker project is far away I'll probably be running GC before
they are ever built! (they are a low cost trial on the long road to
one day owning Orphaens... or whatever Bert has by then)
I bought the Sig 30 in anticipation of having horn speakers... and
one day I will know..

I woke up just because of your post. Felt it comming while :sleepy: .

No one should wonder why I'm still on-line here. The ripping stuff. :cool:

I thank you for your repsonse as it was what I initially were looking for.
"Someone who had this monster going in his system"

Well if you say fantastic, I say fantastic. Even though limited by your not so effective speakers, it tells a lot anyhow.
It would not be a judgement of head room available, but the sound you have in your combo. Repeating : Fantastic. OK then, this is the first real quote from one who has it going. Next: Someone posts "Awfull". Yeah...I'm still open for an honest fight between worlds of sound preferences.

The GC and the Orpheans might or might not tell you what amplifier you have, but my antisipation would be: Be prepared for the shock combo then.

:satisfied:

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by fu_man @, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 03:59 (6249 days ago) @ GC

GC,
I don't want to try and describe the sound - i think there has been plenty of that from those that can do it better - and with better reference points... so hence my basic statement "i like it" :shame:

And if that was not bad enough, here is a link to a picture!

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=35931.0

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 10:20 (6249 days ago) @ fu_man

GC,
I don't want to try and describe the sound - i think there has been
plenty of that from those that can do it better - and with better
reference points... so hence my basic statement "i like it" :shame:

That's fine. Your desription as fantastic is enough.
I started to ask what folks thought about the amp, if they had tried one. You came back, as you have one. And your post is very much appreciated. :wink:

And if that was not bad enough, here is a link to a picture!

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=35931.0

Yeah...I think I saw that even posted on this Forum?

GC

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 13:02 (6249 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC,

In the other thread you told about you "just bought" the Red Wine. However, I'm under the impression that you don't pocess it yet.

Correct ?

Tags:

Redwine Signature 30

by GC, Saturday, March 10, 2007, 13:19 (6249 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi GC,

In the other thread you told about you "just bought" the Red Wine.
However, I'm under the impression that you don't pocess it yet.

Correct ?

Correct Peter.

By bought I meant paid. I will have to wait another 4-5 weeks to have it in my hands.

Hence I will not be able to describe the "sound" yet which I hope it doesn't have, if you understand what I mean.

Should it fail to meet my taste, another guy here will take it. So no big deal here :cool:

Bert also has one ordered and will likely receive his a little time before me and with a little luck it can participate in our Class T/D competition during our session in April. LadyDay being the reference.

GC

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread