I just "burned" my driver... (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 00:08 (6023 days ago)

[img]images/uploaded/image340.jpg[/img]

...just kidding. While playing a bit with LED's the past weeks to give the CrazyV's some functional indications I though about adding some light in the Orphean horns.

I took the picture without using a tripod, hence the 'fuzzyness'... 1 sec. is too long to hold the camera stable enough by hand.

It can be any color (with 3 coloured LED's) but I did only have blue ones to try and to see the effect. On the picture the light is too bright, in reality it is only shining into the driver giving very nice reflections taking away the deep endless black hole in the evening when the room is darker.

I can even have them controlled by remote like when muting the sound I can switch the light on or off and add a dimmer...

I think I will get myself some "3C" LED's to create the colour that matches the horns and my taste. I can always turn them off if it turns out to be disturbing but I do not think it will disturb me! :cool:

One real advantage is that you can see precisely when you are looking at the Orphean's on axis as only then a clear circle appears as reflection, nice tool to place them precisely on spot...

How do you all feel about this idea? It is almost a plasma Orphean this way! :grin:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

I just "burned" my driver...

by unknown, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 01:11 (6023 days ago) @ Bert

I love it. Welcome to the club:good:
[img]images/uploaded/image244.jpg[/img]

Tags:

by GC, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 08:41 (6023 days ago) @ Bert

Bert I thought you were kidding even your subject indicates that. :lol:

You ask for a pool and here is the jurys wote from Belgrados:

Pfew... :bored:

I'm glad I do not need to be disturbed by this disco light, however I mostly listen with my eyes closed when either extreme seriousness or too drunk to keep them open. :drinks:

This is not a way to make the speakers disapear, not exactly :grin:

GC :satisfied:

Tags:

by leifchristensen @, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 09:32 (6023 days ago) @ GC

as a tool for alignment:YES
as decoration: they might be a success in a certain district in Amsterdam:blush:
IMO
Best rgds
Leif
Oslo

Tags:

by GC, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:22 (6023 days ago) @ leifchristensen

as a tool for alignment:YES
as decoration: they might be a success in a certain district in
Amsterdam:blush:
IMO
Best rgds
Leif
Oslo

Hahaha Leif

That means products for Serbia should be delivered without light as our *certain* districts in Belgrade no light excists. :cool:

GC

Tags:

by leifchristensen @, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:33 (6023 days ago) @ GC

how do you know that:grin:
best

Tags:

by GC, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 14:39 (6023 days ago) @ leifchristensen

how do you know that:grin:
best

I don't know....:dntknw: :whistle:

Tags:

by DeMarko @, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 19:01 (6023 days ago) @ Bert

Definitely support, Bert !!!

Both cool as a tuning tool (this is just great) and very interesting as an interior design thing. Those who don't want it, have all the right not to have it. Some may want, either Americans or Italians :)

Philips started to popularize this with their shining TV sets.

Dmitry.

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread