Every good boy deserves favour.... (Orphean)

by GC, Sunday, December 30, 2007, 11:34 (5956 days ago)

Remember this? http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=14809

Hi Orphean owners...

I don't know how many of you guys out there got your Orpheans up-graded with the MK II filter.

I took the liberty to connect the old Orphean filter last night just for a camparison...to look for if the new MK II filter were deluting me at first glance.

May I tell you it certainly didn't!

The upgrade is tremendous in all aspects. :biglol: and what I earlier posted was actually a very modest appraical as at that time it was my first impressions.

The words I have for the well doings the new filter does is the same as beforehead posted, but now with a big underline'ing it all. :dance:

If some of you Orphean first edition owners have overlooked this relatively cheep up-grade, then it's time to do it now, as you miss to go from bliss to Nirvana.

GC :cool:

Tags:

I've got the Mk II Crossover in My System Now

by Cappy @, Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 08:10 (5946 days ago) @ GC
edited by unknown, Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 08:57

I've got about 100 hours on the new Mk II crossover and new bass filters, so I thought I'd say a few words.

The first thing I noticed as soon as I plugged the things in was a much better rendition of space, and just a bigger, wider, deeper (uncut?) soundstage.

The second thing I noticed, using the DIY Hifi Lux 300B, was more richness, more lushness, more realism. But after trying it with all four of my amps I realized that basically, the new Orpheans are just more neutral and clear -- they pass on what is in the chain ahead of them. Each amp sounded very different.

The Lux 300B sounds super dynamic with a wide tonal palette. The Trends TA-10.1 wins the "most improved" award. No rising high end with low output impedance amps any more. It sounds pretty good, which surprised me. Still slightly metallic overtones but I can listen to it and enjoy it now, and not just with Beck. Another tube amp I have is now going to be sold. I can clearly hear problems with it's power supply and with electrolytic caps in the signal path.

Bass integration is better with the Mk IIs.

This is an upgrade with soul, it really helps draw one in to the music. It's cool that it does it by getting more out of the way.

Tags:

I've got the Mk II Crossover in My System Now

by GC, Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 10:09 (5946 days ago) @ Cappy

Hi Cappy

Big congrats :yahoo:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

GC

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread