AER BD3 replacing Fostex 206e (Oris Horns)

by GC, Friday, February 22, 2008, 20:37 (5906 days ago)

hello...I have been able to acquire new unused AER BD3 drivers to replace the Fostex 206e in my Oris 200....are the AER BD3 are identical to the AER MD3 ?....
Bert -these have your label with serial #s on them....is there information about the phase plugs that come with these?
[image]
thanks and regards from Austin TX -Al

Tags:

AER BD3 replacing Fostex 206e

by Bert @, Friday, February 22, 2008, 20:51 (5906 days ago) @ GC

....are the AER BD3 are identical to the AER MD3 ?....

Yes, they are identical. Congratulations!

Those are the second generation phase plugs used with the Crowns. The idea is to screw the Bronze plugs in place (3,5mm threads should be present) and place the Crown at the most top of the plug with the "fingers" towards the driver.

Also, do not tighten the driver too strong to the horns, just fixed in place is sufficient and beware of the magnet strength (it will like your screwdriver a lot!)

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Talking about magnets...

by Bert @, Friday, February 22, 2008, 21:20 (5906 days ago) @ Bert

...never have both the drivers so close. They love eachother just the same and if just a little bit closer they will jump!

Bert

--

Tags:

Talking about screwdrivers...

by Cappy @, Friday, February 22, 2008, 22:06 (5906 days ago) @ Bert

Along those lines, be careful when you use a screwdriver to put those things in your Oris horns.

Put a small towel over the metal rear of the drivers before bringing a screwdriver close. That way if the screwdriver slips and gets pulled by the strong magnet, you won't scratch your driver back.

I speak from experience. I put a minor scratch on the back of one driver the first time I installed mine.

Tags:

Talking about screwdrivers...

by MikeH @, Saturday, February 23, 2008, 09:24 (5905 days ago) @ Cappy

Stainless steel screwdrivers are available from boating suppliers.
They arent very good quality but they are easier to use around strong magnetic fields.

Tags:

by Cappy @, Friday, February 22, 2008, 20:59 (5906 days ago) @ GC

It looks like you got an excellent deal on those BD3s. I sold my used ones for quite a bit more than that price I see for yours on Audiogon.

I recommend the new transparent phase plugs. It provides a nice improvement. Before the Orpheans I had BD3s in Oris 200s.

Tags:

by Bert @, Friday, February 22, 2008, 21:26 (5906 days ago) @ Cappy

Thanks Cappy,

I recommend the new transparent phase plugs. It provides a nice
improvement. Before the Orpheans I had BD3s in Oris 200s.

My idea just the same but using the other onese at first would be nice to try... :wink:

Here is a link showing some more information about the mentioned plugs:

http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=10782

These cost 89 Euro the pair plus shipping (not present in the shop at this moment, still working on the Oris pages...).

Bert

--

Tags:

by GC, Friday, February 22, 2008, 21:47 (5906 days ago) @ Bert

thank you Bert...I would be very interested in the transparent phase plugs....
please keep me informed of how and when I may be able to purchase a pair....
best to you -Al

Tags:

Transparent phase plugs

by Bert @, Saturday, February 23, 2008, 09:28 (5905 days ago) @ GC

Hi Al,

please keep me informed of how and when I may be able to purchase a pair....

I make these on order... just drop me an email then I will give you a quote and estimated shipping date.

Bert

--

Tags:

by GC, Friday, February 22, 2008, 21:53 (5906 days ago) @ Cappy

thanks Cappy....correct, they are the ones on Audiogon...the seller also has fantastic price for Oris 200 and 150....I will be happy to get the drivers and also thanks for the thought on the phase plugs....I will get some from Bert -Al

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread