Placement for Oris 200 (Oris Horns)

by dvu969 @, Sunday, March 16, 2008, 00:47 (5878 days ago)

Hello,

My listening room is 4m x 8m. Can anyone recommend the proper placement for the Oris 200's? Specifically, I would appreciate recommendations for distance between left and right channel, distance to listening position, and angle.

ThaGCks,
Dinh

Placement for Oris 200

by Bert @, Sunday, March 16, 2008, 12:59 (5878 days ago) @ dvu969

Hi Dinh,

My listening room is 4m x 8m. Can anyone recommend the proper placement for the Oris 200's? Specifically, I would appreciate recommendations for distance between left and right channel, distance to listening position, and angle.

This entirely depends on your room and of course the WAF...

If you want to have the recording window then you should listen within a 60 degree angle but you might like a wider image more or even less...

My preference would be to listen in the length of the room with the horns placed on the 4m wall. This way you can sit further away from the horns without sitting too close to the rear wall.

The only way to find out what you prefer is to experiment though (side wall reflections, bass performance and WAF are more important things to worry about...).

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Placement for Oris 200

by dvu969 @, Sunday, March 16, 2008, 14:17 (5878 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks for the feedback. What would you recommend as the minimum distance between the left and right channel?

Dinh

Placement for Oris 200

by Bert @, Sunday, March 16, 2008, 16:55 (5877 days ago) @ dvu969

Hi Dinh,

What would you recommend as the minimum distance between the left and right channel?

That depends on the listening distance, you can even put them 2m from each other if you like. The only thing happens is that the image becomes smaller when closer....

Just place them where you want them to be (WAF) and then listen. If you hear a gap between the speakers then they are placed too wide (or you have too strong reflections from the side walls.

There is no special rule for placement, just try it out to see what YOU like best.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread