Lowther DX3 in Medallion, MLTL, Singular? (BD-Design)

by Jacobus @, Monday, March 24, 2008, 18:59 (5870 days ago)

Dear All and Bert,

I have a pair of Lowther DX3 drivers an wondering which cabinet to build. Oris horns is not an option for me so I was doubting between the LT2000 MLTL (from bob brines) which uses a notch filter and a BSC, so lower efficiency and dynamics or the Medallion 3 which also uses a notch and an optional tweeter but bass only down to 60Hz but more dynamic than the LT2000 due to lack of BSC. What do you guys think is the best choice? Also wondering if the Singular is an option for this driver? maybe bass down to 40Hz but retaining the efficiency and dynamics of the medallions?

Cheers,

Jacob

Lowther DX3 in Medallion, MLTL, Singular?

by Gasper, Tuesday, March 25, 2008, 09:15 (5870 days ago) @ Jacobus

Dear Jacob!

I have made Fidelio enclosure but this does not come even close what Oris can do. :no:

I would go with TP1 or something like this (it shoould be big) with additional sub (k-horn) or SIDE VIVACE:

http://www.geocities.com/agalavotti/lowther1.htm

Regards,

Gasper.

I would go for the Medallion....

by Bert @, Wednesday, March 26, 2008, 18:29 (5868 days ago) @ Jacobus

Dear Jacob,

This gives the best overall performance and even a good bass if your listening room is helping a bit...

If you are in need for lower bass then add a subwoofer and leave the DX3 untouched by filters reducing the sensitivity and less quality as you will clearly hear the parts connected in series.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread