Visation B200 question (Singular)

by ART, Wednesday, April 23, 2008, 23:59 (5840 days ago)

Hi There ;-)
By co accident I have found this page, very interesting- well done ;-))
My attention bridged Singular project, on the list of “supported” drivers is quite a lot of models, I wonder what is common with all these drivers that they fits sonically with this enclosure. Based on each of T-S parameters enclosure was calculated?
Does Visaton B200 need XO network ?
Best Regards,
Artur

Visation B200 question

by Gasper, Thursday, April 24, 2008, 09:57 (5840 days ago) @ ART

Hello!

I think that B200 doesn't need crossover - perhaps some parts for equalisation, but...:cool:

I have opportunity to hear the B200 in original Visaton enclosure and they didn't satisfied me...:no:

Perhaps some other full-range speaker like Lowther or Fostex will do the job better !?:blush:

Regards,

Gasper.

Visation B200 question

by ART, Thursday, April 24, 2008, 13:22 (5840 days ago) @ Gasper

Hi Gasper,
Unfortunately Visation B200 without any xo network, sound awful ..;-( Due to drastic differences between mids, highs and bass (more than 6dB)..
I had opportunity to listing B200 fitted in standard enclosure (SOLO 100) and measure SPL “real life”.
And this experience convinced me to fact that B200 need some sort of correction.
With some filter with this same enclosure sounds very well. That’s why I am asking about xo network…
Of course I can chose different driver but B200 has something nice in overall sound and next to my place there is distributor with mesurment chamber, and promis me to help with any isues ;-))

Regards,
Artur

Visation B200 question

by Bert @, Thursday, May 01, 2008, 15:17 (5832 days ago) @ ART

Hello Arthur,

My attention bridged Singular project, on the list of “supported” drivers is quite a lot of models, I wonder what is common with all these drivers that they fits sonically with this enclosure. Based on each of T-S parameters enclosure was calculated?

Their range of QTS and typical response makes them useable in the Singular where one will provide more bass (higher Q) than the other.

Does Visaton B200 need XO network ?

Not in the Singular as the lower frequency range provided by the system brings back the sound into a decent tonal balance.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Visation B200 question

by ART, Friday, May 02, 2008, 13:23 (5832 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,
Thank you for explanation..
Best Regards,
Artur

RSS Feed of thread