Bass Options with Oris 150 (BD-Design)

by Ken Arrowsmith, Friday, June 27, 2008, 09:57 (5781 days ago)

Hi,

I have recently reregistered on the forum..

I have an Oris 150 system since 2001 using Lowther EX4 (upgraded) and built the Onken bass cabinets with the Viva 10" woofers.

I have been very happy with the system but my DIY genes are stirring.

I am sure there are better bass options... my favourite route would be to recycle the Viva units into a basshorn of some sort or alternatively build basshorn cabinets for a new pair of bass drivers.. I do not want to spend too much but would be comfortable with a serious construction challenge, size is not a huge issue.

I have not kept up with developments over the past couple of years and would welcome suggestions, I would not be confident tackling design issues myself. Is there a favoured option in the community?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Bass Options with Oris 150

by Gasper, Friday, June 27, 2008, 10:37 (5781 days ago) @ Ken Arrowsmith

Dear Ken!

I would suggest you to go with Compact Bass or - for the future - Reference Bass.

Compact bass is in the perfect match with Oris 150 horn (dynamics, time aligment,...) - there is no problem with matching horn/bass reflex like at many other designs (even without BD15/BD30 combo :blush:). I'm using Beyma's 15G350 drivers with Naim's NAP135 (and of course Bert's crossover/filter).:wink:

I think Bert has done (and still doing) "Only The Best". So stick by.:grin:

Regards,

Gasper.

RSS Feed of thread