How does... (Off Topic)

by Gasper, Tuesday, July 08, 2008, 14:58 (5743 days ago)

How does...

by Bert @, Tuesday, July 08, 2008, 17:47 (5743 days ago) @ Gasper

Hey Gasper,

That was some time ago I've been there in London...I do not look much older now! :grin:

...it sounds, Bert? :whistle:

How it sounds? Let's say not interesting enough to head the same way?

Not too bad on the axis though but very closed in sound?

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

How does...

by Ivo, Wednesday, July 09, 2008, 12:43 (5742 days ago) @ Bert

Hi,

My brother in law heard it once, he's a musician. I found out when he first visited our house and saw my own horns; he pulled out his digital camera and showed me pictures of these.

I asked them what he thought about them and he said "very nice right in the middle. Middle is small part of room..." He's Swedish and won't say anything direct, like we Dutch do. I'm guessing he was saying it had a very small sweet spot.

I never heard him about them anymore, while we do talk about sound quality a lot and he does like certain speakers and absolutely hates others.

Ivo

How does...

by anubisgrau, Friday, July 11, 2008, 14:48 (5740 days ago) @ Ivo

it's a small room, there's no front horn that will produce a large sweet spot in a small room. you need 50m2 and 5m listening distance at least to have more coherent sound all around. you may have much better speakers but the same problem will remain.

How does...

by Bert @, Friday, July 11, 2008, 14:54 (5740 days ago) @ anubisgrau

The small room is not the main problem here.... :no:

Go and have a listen to them, that will explain more than words can describe... :wink:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

How does...

by anubisgrau, Friday, July 11, 2008, 15:17 (5740 days ago) @ Bert

hehe, i know what you want to say, however front horns in a small room are always a bit of a situation to handle - you know i'm writing from a personal experience:)

How does...

by GC, Monday, July 28, 2008, 09:59 (5723 days ago) @ anubisgrau

hehe, i know what you want to say, however front horns in a small room are always a bit of a situation to handle - you know i'm writing from a personal experience:)

Which reminds me of the extra 20 m2's you have Gordan next door. Must be able to compesate your wifes sacrifice with a couple of hundreds of new shoes :grin:

Except for open baffle such as ML and Maggies etc., all speakers have a sweet spot. It might be smaller or larger and when it comes to the buttom line there is only one mm2 which is the spot.

This provided the speakers actually were made to meet the criteria of having a sweet spot on offer. Some are not..you know. The last cathegory being constructions that omni radiates. They show so much direct and indirect reflected sound that the spot is more a spacial all over thing. A sweet space so to speak.

GC :yes:

RSS Feed of thread