Audiaz-Cables (Oris Horns)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Friday, November 07, 2008, 09:52 (5621 days ago)

Cables: I just wired my Horns completely with the Audiaz-cable. In my system, that works pretty fine. Compared to the Nordost Valhalla these cables are reasonably priced. Whoever has the chance to try them, should do this!
I tried that Audiaz-Cables in comparison to Van den Hul Revelation and Nordost SPM. Results were: More dynamics, defenition and "air" as the van den Hul´s, less "sharpness" than the SPM...
Differences are not tremendously big, but reproduceable...

Audiaz-Cables

by Bert @, Friday, November 07, 2008, 20:57 (5620 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hello Stephan,

Thanks for the information. Looks like flat cables usually sound better than round and twisted? I wonder why.... :confused:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Audiaz-Cables

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Friday, November 07, 2008, 22:34 (5620 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
I don´t think, its related to "flat" cables - it´s related to some structural advantages:
When you have a "normal" cable, conductors for + and - are quite close together, which means, the fields generated by a single conductor interact with each other, which basically means a kind of distortion. Having the conductors at some distance to each other, this means low capacitance, so higher posibble frequency limits = faster pulses, less interachtion of the fields = less distortion.
With flat cables there is an additional advantage: In the case of Audiaz or Nordost cables there about 10+ conductors each, for + and -. theses conductors are spaced from each other. That means any emf interference from outside will hit the cable mostly a different points. The averaged signal will benefit from some cancellation.
Also as well Nordost as Audiaz use solid core conductors, which, given enough surface, normally gives better results also.
At the moment I´m doing some measurements on cable structures, to find out possible improvements.
By the way, this "flat structure turned to a spiral (means the grond connector ist the core of that spiral) give quite good line power cables...
Best regards Stephan

P.S.
The Duelund resitors in the impedance lineraisizing network of my X-overs gave some sonical improvements, which I didn´t expect!

Audiaz-Cables

by Bert @, Saturday, November 08, 2008, 21:02 (5619 days ago) @ madprofessor

Stephan,

Thanks for the explanations that point to things why cable constructions besides the used material do sound different than others...

At the moment I´m doing some measurements on cable structures, to find out possible improvements.

That would be interesting to see when you have concluded the results! :clever:

P.S.
The Duelund resitors in the impedance lineraisizing network of my X-overs gave some sonical improvements, which I didn´t expect!

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, even impedance corrections are within the signal path and using quality parts there do influence the sound. :good:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Audiaz-Cables

by DeMarko @, Saturday, November 08, 2008, 11:23 (5620 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hi Stephen,

Where exactly did you use the cables. I mean as speaker cables to the horns or is it the internal wiring throughout ?

Thanks!

Dimitri

Audiaz-Cables

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Saturday, November 08, 2008, 12:14 (5620 days ago) @ DeMarko

Hallo Dimitri!
When You look at the showroom, You can see, that I´ve a quite similar concept to Bert´s Swings, but I use different drivers.
The Audiaz cables were used to the tweeter about 65 cm, to the midrange - 120 cm and from the amps to the x-over - about 110 cm.
The Audiaz-cable replaced a pure silver 4- solid core wire cheap cable in between chassis and x-over and Nordost SPM between amps and x-over.
Audiaz also offers a nf-cable (XlR and RCA) - where I still experiment for the best configuration.
Best regards
Stephan

Audiaz-Cables

by damirdafish, Monday, November 10, 2008, 21:46 (5617 days ago) @ madprofessor

Hi madprofesor,

Plesae, be so kind and tell the prices for the Louds.cables also for the IC ?

Can you compare it with some other silver cables ?

thx in advance.

Audiaz-Cables

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Monday, November 10, 2008, 22:49 (5617 days ago) @ damirdafish

Hallo!

About the prices You have to ask Audiaz, I don´t sell the cables, but the price is lower than Nordost.
I compared the Audiaz with: Nordost Heimdall, Nordost SPM, Nordost Valhalla, Van den Hul Revelation , DIY- Silver cables, Van den Hul MC Gold...
Over all the above mentioned cables, there was some advantage in my rig.
Best thing would be, You test those cables in Your own rig!
Best regards
Stephan

RSS Feed of thread