Changing policy... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 15:51 (5447 days ago)

Some people might have figured it out already but for those who didn't...

For some time already I have freed myself from useless obligations, quit smoking (7 months already!!) and stopped spending time with the wrong people who were only consuming tons of energy and keeping me away from the things I actually wanted to do.

My life has changed and I do not feel 65+ years old anymore but closer to 40 years and full of energy.

:strong:

Not having the fatiguing stress anymore when doing things against my own nature, exercising to get stronger while at the same time improving my overall condition and spending more time for myself...

My family, friends and pets also helped me a lot to stand more positive in this world and finally getting things clear in my head about the business policy of BD-Design and as it looks to me right now;

BD-Design is not presenting itself in a way I can fully support with my heart, things have to change...

First major step is that the electronically equipment compiled and finished by BD-Design will be discontinued for the simple reason that this is not my "thing". Sure it is something to make some money with while providing people with very good quality for a very reasonable price but it is hardly any fun to do and on top of that it is too much time consuming (i.e. labor intensive) at cost of the things I like to do most... designing and building loudspeaker systems!

This means that the Crazy line will not be manufactured anymore even though these are very fine products to begin with, other brands of electronically equipment can still be found here though or will be added if these are up to my personal standards but without having any "strings" attached.

People should only do the things they do best and this is exactly what I am focusing on now and for the future without being restricted by other parties too much to be able to maintain and follow this new path.

More things will change and all will become gradually clear to you but for starters, be prepared for a new loudspeaker design looking real nice...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Changing policy...

by Gasper, Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 16:21 (5447 days ago) @ Bert

Dear Bert!

I would like to support your decision and from my side:

I wish you all the best!

Regards,

Gasper.:friends:

Changing policy...

by Klaus Wilke @, Germany, Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 20:31 (5447 days ago) @ Gasper

Dear Bert,

it is sad news that the Crazy line is discontinued before a broader range of customers can appreciate the excellent quality of the components. Considering your personal ambitions, you probably made the right decision, and I am wishing you success with your loudspeaker developments.

Klaus

Get one of this...

by Gasper, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 10:27 (5447 days ago) @ Gasper

...go for a ride and injoy:holiday:

http://www.project346.com/

G.:cool:

I already bougth another one...

by Bert @, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 10:46 (5447 days ago) @ Gasper

...which is more my style... :cool:

[image]

But to get it that dirty one needs to work... :heat:

--

Changing policy...

by Rudolf150 @, Tuesday, May 26, 2009, 20:52 (5447 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert,

It is good to see you can reflect on yourself and take action to feel better.
As lot of people here realise that these decisions taken by you are never based on financial reasons (only). And for sure that quiting the Crazy line wasn't obvious and easy.
But we are ready to see/listen to any new speaker concept/design you come up with.

Good luck and hapiness with the changes.

Rudolf

Go Bert!

by samoore @, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 07:22 (5447 days ago) @ Bert

First, congrats on stopping with the smoking. Probably means you will be designing speaker for a few more decades to come. Its always nice to see someone taking control of their life. To thine own self be true!

I look forward to seeing your new ideas, you never fail to impress me.

Steve

Thanks for the support guys... nt

by Bert @, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 10:48 (5447 days ago) @ Bert
edited by Bert, Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 11:23

- No text -

--

Changing policy...

by JAM @, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 12:16 (5446 days ago) @ Bert

.......and I haven't even started using my CrazyT yet!!!:shame: :shame:

Almost like the computer business; if you stop at one red light too many on your way home after purchasing a new PC you might as well drop it off at your nearest recycling station or the Historical Museum.

But what about the amplification as far as active bass is concerned??

No worries...

by Bert @, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 13:08 (5446 days ago) @ JAM

.......and I haven't even started using my CrazyT yet!!! :shame: :shame:

The Crazy line (CrazyT, CrazyA and CrazyV) will be fully supported for a long time to go.... :yes:

Almost like the computer business; if you stop at one red light too many on your way home after purchasing a new PC you might as well drop it off at your nearest recycling station or the Historical Museum.

nnah, not in this situation. The CrazyT is still way ahead of all digital playback systems and I will continue to use it myself for a long time and so should you. The CrazyT will only be "outdated" if a new version will become available in the future probably looking different and then still, the same technique will be used but I will not be the one manufacturing it...

But what about the amplification as far as active bass is concerned??

Nothing changes here too, the BD30 is still available as option for complete purchased kits. Nothing will be thrown away... :no:

Cheers,

Bert

--

Changing policy...

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 16:15 (5446 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
I can understand Your decision very well. For not "being Your thing" , the Crazy Series was /is damn good equipment, as I could hear at Your place!
I hope, You´ll continue the distribution of Duelund, Deoxit and Silclear, for example products I know and like very much!
I see forward to Your new speakers and wish You all the possible luck!

Best regards
Stephan

Changing policy...

by teigetje, Sunday, May 31, 2009, 10:18 (5443 days ago) @ Bert

Bert,

Sorry to hear you had no fun in your work for a long time. But since you changed course: congratulations with your new insights.
Like everybody else, I'm looking forward to your new creations!

But there is a dark side to this all: the BD-Design amps and DAC's will be discontinued. Will somebody else take them over from you, or manufacture them with another brand, since it are such great products?

Best regards,

Frank

Changing policy...

by Bert @, Tuesday, June 02, 2009, 10:11 (5441 days ago) @ teigetje

Hello Frank,

Like everybody else, I'm looking forward to your new creations!

Thanks, working on one now... :secret:

But there is a dark side to this all: the BD-Design amps and DAC's will be discontinued. Will somebody else take them over from you, or manufacture them with another brand, since it are such great products?

At this point I do not know but as soon as there is something clear then I will share the information.

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread