ATS CORNER HORN (Off Topic)

by Hifido, Thursday, May 28, 2009, 18:28 (5440 days ago)

Hi guys.

Can anyone help me out? looking for a copy of the drawing for the ATS small corner horn cabinet. Same as used by Gasper in the showroom.

Thanks again Hifido.

ATS CORNER HORN

by Bert @, Friday, May 29, 2009, 10:01 (5439 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Thanks Angelo,
Saves me the search through my magazines... :thankyou:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

ATS CORNER HORN

by Hifido, Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:24 (5439 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Hi Everyone.

Thanks so much Angelo for sharing the drawings. Thanks also Bert and Gasper. Much appreciated.

I notice from the showroom Gasper used Beyma bass drivers for these Cabs.

Question for Bert. Would you recommend the BD15'S in place of these? Or are they not suitable for these cabinets?

If this is the case. Any other bass driver recommendations guys for this cabinet?

As my listening room is on the small side I think these ATS cabs could be a good solution to my space problem.

Thanks again Hifido.

ATS CORNER HORN

by Gasper, Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:20 (5439 days ago) @ Hifido

I notice from the showroom Gasper used Beyma bass drivers for these Cabs.

If I may :blush: Beyma 15G350 was not really suitable for ATS...

ATS CORNER HORN

by Bert @, Friday, May 29, 2009, 21:43 (5439 days ago) @ Hifido

Hello Hifido,

Question for Bert. Would you recommend the BD15'S in place of these? Or are they not suitable for these cabinets?

The BD15 will do surprisingly well in the ATS. The dry and articulated bass with those will as bonus give a good balance in a relative small room where bass is usually too "fat" and lumpy.

If this is the case. Any other bass driver recommendations guys for this cabinet?

I am sure that there are other drivers around that can do the job well but then focus on low Qts and a stiff diaphragm to withhold the pressure.

Cheers,

Bert

--

ATS CORNER HORN

by Gasper, Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:03 (5439 days ago) @ Hifido

Dear Hifido!

If you need them I have two for sell for very little money: 300 E each, if you take them both it is 500E.

I can send you also the original drawings.

Best Regards,

Gasper.

ATS CORNER HORN

by Bert @, Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:59 (5439 days ago) @ Hifido

Hello Hifido,

Yes, that is a nice one but it is not a real horn for the deeper bass though but still, it does load the driver optimally in the corner of your room giving maximum sensitivity!

Think of several of these on top of eachother loading the corners from floor to ceiling, that would be a nice basis for a good subwoofer! :cool:

But one ATS would do very nice with an Orphean on top without much time delay problems as a bonus, especially if you have a small room where the speakers have to be in the corner anyhow! :wink:

Cheers,

Bert

--

ATS CORNER HORN

by Gasper, Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:49 (5439 days ago) @ Bert

Think of several of these on top of eachother loading the corners from floor to ceiling, that would be a nice basis for a good subwoofer! :cool:

I miss one corner:cool:

RSS Feed of thread