Oris 150 support (Oris Horns)

by JL Ausummet, Friday, September 25, 2009, 18:09 (5298 days ago)

Hello,

I am building a enclosed support for 150 horn on top of Bass cabinet. Is there
a manual that shows good or best placement of pieces for no interference? I saw many types of support on showroom and design similar. Is there problem with
Mains plug too close to BD amp section or filter? Dimensions are close near BD 30.

Oris 150 support

by Bert @, Monday, September 28, 2009, 20:32 (5295 days ago) @ JL Ausummet

Dear JL,

Sorry for the slow reply...

I am building a enclosed support for 150 horn on top of Bass cabinet. Is there a manual that shows good or best placement of pieces for no interference?

Placement depend on the bass system you're using underneath but basically there are no problems to expect with the Oris 150's as long as these can radiate its sound freely...feel free to place them as you like.

I saw many types of support on showroom and design similar. Is there problem with Mains plug too close to BD amp section or filter? Dimensions are close near BD 30.

A mains cord could be a problem if it is close to the input of the BD30 (or the crossover network) and can pick up 50Hz hum from it...not sure if the plug itself be harm.

It is always best to keep AC voltage away from amplifiers and even from interconnects anyhow.

I hope this helps...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread