CrazyT (BD-Design)

by JAM @, Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 13:49 (5229 days ago)

Anyone encountered problems concerning the drivers for this product? Have tried to get things started both with Windows XP and Windows 7 but there is some problems seemingly related to the drivers.

CrazyT

by Bert @, Wednesday, December 30, 2009, 19:11 (5229 days ago) @ JAM

Anyone encountered problems concerning the drivers for this product? Have tried to get things started both with Windows XP and Windows 7 but there is some problems seemingly related to the drivers.

I guess it is always possible that the driver online is corrupt... please try to download the one linked below and rename it to TDPro.spt to replace the other one.

http://www.bd-design.nl/TDPro.GCx

Please let me know if this driver works better?

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

CrazyT

by BonVoyage, Friday, January 01, 2010, 17:24 (5227 days ago) @ JAM
edited by BonVoyage, Friday, January 01, 2010, 17:53

Problem solved - defective USB cable.

Hi, and thanks for quick respond regarding driver-problems.

After installing the new driver (on two seperate machines with Windows 7 and Windows XP OS) - the DAC seems to be installed OK (the Device TwinDAC Professional Device is located under USB Devices) - and starting the CrazyT software, I now get USB ERROR - SYNCRONISATION ERROR when trying to play a file.

I get the error on both machines.

Is this related to the driver-problem or is this a completly new issue ?

CrazyT

by Bert @, Saturday, January 02, 2010, 09:32 (5227 days ago) @ BonVoyage

Hi,

Is this related to the driver-problem or is this a completly new issue ?

In a way yes, while trying to install the faulty driver the hardware gets confused. This can be solved to take the CrazyT from the mains (turn it OFF and then ON again). Sometimes you need to do this a few times or even disconnect the USB cable but nothing has to be re-installed.

Once it is working as it should then these problems are history (unless you have an extremely slow data-connection that is unable to feed the DAC with data fast enough).

Good Luck!

Bert

--

CrazyT

by JAM @, Monday, January 04, 2010, 12:27 (5225 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert - thx for new link - that one worked better. We also found out that the USB cable was partially defect (brand new "high-end" cable...) causing sync failure between DAC and PC. After changing the cable there were no more problems and the system played beautifully!

We used a new Cary tube preamp with both RCA and balanced in/outs so it was very easy to AB-test various options like compressed files vs. full WAV/Windovs7 and W7 vs. WAV/CrazyT and later also WAV/CrazyT vs. regular CD-player. Even with a fresh not completely "burnt-in" CrazyT the improvements where drastic in terms of ease, "blackness" between the elements, noise floor, no dynamic compression etc. etc.

CrazyT

by Bert @, Tuesday, January 05, 2010, 09:15 (5224 days ago) @ JAM

Hi JAM,

Thanks for the feedback and happy to read that you're a happy man... :cool:

Bert

--

CrazyT

by JAM @, Tuesday, January 05, 2010, 09:34 (5224 days ago) @ Bert

Bert

I am basically always happy, but the degree of hapiness swings from "suicidal" to "ecstatic"....:shame: within minutes!

RSS Feed of thread