Reference 2010 v Compact reference (BD-Design)

by Veleik, Thursday, October 21, 2010, 12:10 (4930 days ago)

Hi guys

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on the differences between the two systems?
Also, does anyone have the internal dimensions for a single driver enclosure (for both systems)? Can one change the layout of the enclosure as long as internal volume stays the same?
What about the option of substituting the BD-15 driver with an Eminence 15" or another cheaper driver.

regards

Veleik

Reference 2010 v Compact reference

by Gasper, Thursday, October 21, 2010, 13:28 (4930 days ago) @ Veleik

Hi guys

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on the differences between the two systems?

Go for Ref2010...:cool:

Also, does anyone have the internal dimensions for a single driver enclosure (for both systems)? Can one change the layout of the enclosure as long as internal volume stays the same?

Of course, but Ref2010 has the secret inside :secret:

What about the option of substituting the BD-15 driver with an Eminence 15" or another cheaper driver.

Dont waste your money on cheap thinks - on the end you will buy BD15 anyhow :lol:

Regards, Gasper.

by Bert @, Thursday, October 21, 2010, 21:48 (4929 days ago) @ Veleik

Dear Veleik,

The difference is major...not in bass frequency response but in the quality of the bass. The Reference is not bad at all but compared to the REF2010...

It is not for nothing replacing the Reference!

Some background info can be found here:

http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=16387

180-200 liter netto internal volume is what you'll need for deep bass and you can change the layout that fits your needs. Keep in mind that resonance patterns can highly reduce the bass.

You can also use 100 liters for more efficient bass but then it will not reach much below 45Hz...

As starters you could do that for the Reference but not for the REF2010 because it will not fit (physically).

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

by Veleik, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 21:09 (4923 days ago) @ Bert

Bert,

is it possible to have the cabinet drawings for both bass systems?

P.S.Did you really mean 10 litres in your last reply, or should it be 100 litres?

Veleik

by Bert @, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 21:20 (4923 days ago) @ Veleik

Bert,

is it possible to have the cabinet drawings for both bass systems?

For the Reference (Basic and/or Compact) yes, for the REF2010 the drawings are not available...

P.S.Did you really mean 10 litres in your last reply, or should it be 100 litres?

100 liters, I just corrected that. :blush:

Bert

--

by Veleik, Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 22:26 (4923 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

I really don't need the drawings for the reference 2010. I just want the internal volume so that I can look at my final design. I love your speakers, but there are some serious WAF-issues playing in here:-)

Veleik

by Bert @, Friday, October 29, 2010, 09:58 (4922 days ago) @ Veleik

Hi Bert,

I really don't need the drawings for the reference 2010. I just want the internal volume so that I can look at my final design. I love your speakers, but there are some serious WAF-issues playing in here:-)

165 liters for the Reference and 185 liters for the REF2010.

Bert

--

by Ray P, Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 07:36 (4903 days ago) @ Bert

Bert, regarding the REF2010, is that 185litres just calculated from the internal dimensions of the box or does it allow for the internal volume consumed by the matrix construction?

Ray

by Bert @, Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 09:20 (4903 days ago) @ Ray P

Bert, regarding the REF2010, is that 185litres just calculated from the internal dimensions of the box or does it allow for the internal volume consumed by the matrix construction?

It basically allows space for an airy matrix construction...

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread