Oris200 versus Orphean (BD-Design)

by RobsterD @, UK, Sunday, October 24, 2010, 18:00 (4905 days ago)

Hi
I have at present got Oris 200's with Lowther PM2A's ,Ultra bass cabs BD15''s,Oris 150's.
I'm thinking about an upgrade to the Orphean.
What improvement should I hear with the Orphean over the Lowthers and would it be a significant upgrade.
Also contemplating the REF2010 but am a litlle confused as which upgrade would be best,although at some point I will have both:cool:
Any thoughts on the best route to take would be appreciated as I do like the Lowthers.
Cheers
Rob

Oris200 versus Orphean

by Bert @, Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:21 (4903 days ago) @ RobsterD

Hi
I have at present got Oris 200's with Lowther PM2A's ,Ultra bass cabs BD15''s,Oris 150's.
I'm thinking about an upgrade to the Orphean.
What improvement should I hear with the Orphean over the Lowthers and would it be a significant upgrade.
Also contemplating the REF2010 but am a litlle confused as which upgrade would be best,although at some point I will have both:cool:
Any thoughts on the best route to take would be appreciated as I do like the Lowthers.
Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob,

Basically both parts (Orphean and REF2010) will give similar improvements where the Orphean will give you transparancy, more detail and more even and wider dispersion of all frequencies. The REF2010 will be very clean giving more detail and more output with less distortion (yes, that's double!) in the deepest frequencies (with EQ) making the bass a very good fundament for all use.

The Orphean will be the biggest change but still, I would start with the bass, a good fundament is very important in the music but you should decide yourself which part is "bothering" you the most...

Cheers,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Oris200 versus Orphean

by RobsterD @, UK, Thursday, October 28, 2010, 17:12 (4901 days ago) @ Bert

Cheers Bert it'll be the cabs first then :wink:

RSS Feed of thread