listening session (Oris Horns)

by blghorn @, USA, Friday, November 16, 2012, 00:11 (4172 days ago)

Hi Everyone, I live in Hagerstown, Md. USA, Now that the weather is getting colder I am ready to get into some serious listening sessions. I wanted to ask if there is anyone in the Baltimore, Washington DC, Northern Va, or Southern Pa. area that has Oris horns or other high efficiency speakers and would like to evaluate each others Stereo set up?

listening session

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Sunday, December 23, 2012, 03:29 (4135 days ago) @ blghorn
edited by Don Reid, Sunday, December 23, 2012, 03:33

Hi, Bighorn. I am afraid you are a bit distant for me to take you up on your offer. I do have Oris horns driven by AER MD-3s with folded corner horns for bass and Fostex t-900 Bullet tweeters, but I live in Georgia.

The reason I am replying is to suggest another forum on which you might wish to post your invitation. If you are not already familiar with it the High Efficiency Speaker Asylum which may be found at:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/bbs.html

has a very large number of horn loving respondents including several who own various Oris horns. Since it is a relatively large USA website fellow horn listeners who live near you should be more abundant.

I encourage you to continue your search for others who share your interest in horn speakers. I have been able to visit one Oris horns owner, Chris, and a couple of his fellow audiophile friends in England. Another Oris horn owner and member of this forum, Peter from the Netherlands, visited my home here in the states. Both sessions were great.

If listening to good music on a stereo is as much fun as going to the circus, and listening to music on speakers you built is as much fun as riding your own elephant to the circus then listening to music with a fellow speaker builder who shares a passionate interest in an arcane facet of audio with you is as much fun as you and a friend racing each other to the circus, each on your own elephant.

listening session

by DeMarko @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:55 (4075 days ago) @ Don Reid

What a beautiful life loving comparison, Don !!

RSS Feed of thread