TeX for displaying formulas correctly... (Forum)

by Bert @, Friday, November 22, 2013, 22:40 (3779 days ago)

...in case people want to of course.

\pi = \sqrt{6\sum_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{n^2}}= \left(\int_{-\infty}^{+\infty}e^{-x^2}\,dx\right)^2\

Or some simple ones...

\frac{a^2+b^2}{x^3}=c^2

\sqrt 2=1.41421356237

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

TeX for displaying formulas correctly...

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Sunday, December 15, 2013, 21:30 (3756 days ago) @ Bert

Hello Bert,

I've delayed asking this question for fear of appearing ignorant, but that is my condition regarding typing maths text so I will ask.

How does one acquire the ability to type mathematical formulas with the correct symbols as your post illustrates?

Thanks,
Don

TeX for displaying formulas correctly...

by Bert @, Sunday, December 15, 2013, 22:18 (3756 days ago) @ Don Reid

Hello Don,

How does one acquire the ability to type mathematical formulas with the correct symbols as your post illustrates?

Basically simple to do. Click the TeX button next to the the editor of the forum (where to enter the tekst for your posts) and enter the related code for the formulas in there.

Here is a link with detailed information about LaTex and related code to use.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Mathematics

Use the Preview button to check if things look OK before posting. Once used then it is very easy and rather logical.

\frac{2^2 \times 344}{2\pi} sure beats 2^2 x 344/ 2pi :yes:

Bert

--

Another link about TeX Notation

by Bert @, Monday, December 16, 2013, 09:42 (3756 days ago) @ Don Reid

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Using_TeX_Notation

--

Another link about TeX Notation

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 23:38 (3726 days ago) @ Bert

Bert,

While browsing the forum to see if I had missed anything interesting I noticed that I had never posted a thank you for the links to the software for properly displaying maths texts. That was an oversight on my part.

Thinking that late is better than never I am doing so now. THANK YOU.

Don

RSS Feed of thread