Hypex N-CORE and Swings? (BD-Design)

by anubisgrau @, Saturday, January 07, 2017, 11:05 (2664 days ago)

Dear Bert and all,

First of all Happy New Year!

During the summer of 2016, in order to keep the temperatures in the flat reasonable, I switched off my 300b amps and went to some cheapo Chinese gainclones.

Thought there was not much sophistication in the sound, it surprised me how Swings react to a bit more power than usual 6-7 watt from the tubes.

Now I would like to try them with N-COREs with some proper power. However I kind remember some restrictions related to the amp and the way it is grounded. I learned this hard since once I fried Trends T-10 amp (T-Class). I think I have never connected a D-Class amp to the Swings so I am wondering if there are any troubles to foresee and a reason why I shouldn't do this.

Thanks!

Gordan

Hypex N-CORE and Swings?

by Gasper @, Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:07 (2655 days ago) @ anubisgrau

Hi Gordan,

I remember no problems with T-amp, and now I am using D-amps on my Oris/REF2010 (main amp and PSC2.400. But guys at Hypex was always answerd my questions... Try there.:yes:

It seems VERY quiet around here?:no:

Regards,
Gasper

Hypex N-CORE and Swings?

by Bert @, Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:29 (2655 days ago) @ anubisgrau

Just returned from Holidays...

First of all Happy New Year!

Thanks Gordan! Same to you and your family!

Now I would like to try them with N-COREs with some proper power. However I kind remember some restrictions related to the amp and the way it is grounded. I learned this hard since once I fried Trends T-10 amp (T-Class). I think I have never connected a D-Class amp to the Swings so I am wondering if there are any troubles to foresee and a reason why I shouldn't do this.

I think it should be okay too. Problem is DC with the T-amp... not so with Hypex.

To be 100% sure then switch ON the amp without one of the outputs connected, start to play some music and connect (touching) the other output connection to the inputs of the Swings.

If music plays with bass then all is fine...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

RSS Feed of thread