M5 Version (Orphean)

by Rami, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 11:02 (2423 days ago)

Hi,

I see that orpheans are on M5 version now. What has changed between the versions? Sensitivity seems 1db higher...

M5 Version

by Bert @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 12:38 (2423 days ago) @ Rami

Hi Rami,

I see that orpheans are on M5 version now. What has changed between the versions? Sensitivity seems 1db higher...

Everything has changed... the extra sensitivity is the least difference.

BIG improvement in sound!

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

M5 Version

by Rami, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 15:11 (2422 days ago) @ Bert

Can you describe in detail the sound change? I would love to know also is it possible to upgrade the old M3 and if yes what kind of process that would be.

M5 Version

by Bert @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 16:19 (2422 days ago) @ Rami

Can you describe in detail the sound change?

Old sounds grey and holding back compared to new. Less hidden detail, more transparent, more detail and more dynamic.

These are not minor changes...

I would love to know also is it possible to upgrade the old M3 and if yes what kind of process that would be.

Upgrade means order new crossovers while mentioning the impedance of the driver you have (8 or 16 ohm).

Bert

--

M5 Version

by Rami, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 17:33 (2422 days ago) @ Bert

Sound really good! How can i check what ohm my drivers are and cannot the old crossover be upgraded?

M5 Version

by Bert @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 18:56 (2422 days ago) @ Rami

Sound really good! How can i check what ohm my drivers are and cannot the old crossover be upgraded?

By measuring the DC-resistance of the tweeter or midrange but if you bought from me then it is an 8 ohm version. Filter changes and driver impedance changes went public at the same time so no mistake can be made.

The old crossover is one solid brick and can't be updated.

Bert

--

M5 Version

by Rami, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 19:17 (2422 days ago) @ Bert

I bought second hand but the speakers are originally bought from you so i might be save :)

Thanks for fast replys Bert! Seems like i need to buy new pair of crossovers :cool:

RSS Feed of thread