oris pics finally (BD-Design)

by GC, Monday, May 09, 2005, 21:38 (6924 days ago)

[image]
took me almost 4 years to get the aerbd 3 to sing, tried all methods, its been a learning experience, and already redesigning
will send more t shirts from soulrebel

Tags:

Thanks!

by GC, Monday, May 09, 2005, 21:45 (6924 days ago) @ GC

Hi "Merdy",

took me almost 4 years to get the aerbd 3 to sing, tried all methods, its
been a learning experience, and already redesigning
will send more t shirts from soulrebel

The right channel doesn't look stable.... I guess these are two identical bass horns for each channel? With the Altec's in them?

T-shirts are always welcome! :)

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Thanks!

by GC, Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 16:59 (6923 days ago) @ GC

its the picture as the horns are 2.5 m high and had to use wide angle to get it, its stable and i am making legs that will bolt them together and adding some foam above and below the horn and if it falls on the system i will have to get new stuff ,and i like shopping(diy = destroy it yourself)
using jbl 2035h as it had a little more xmax than the altecs at 28 hz and i prefer the altecs in front horn as its tre musical , so i might also experiment with the altecs in a front horn and then use the bass horns as a sub where i am now making a corner type wing and will put the mouth output into the wing (like k horn)so it will be in the end bigger. will try and finish up by this summer, wife is ok with project as long as i get rid of 10 speaker boxes and the altec magnificents which are in the opposite side of room
hopefully your t size is still m and u did not put weight over the winter
cheers

Tags:

Thanks!

by GC, Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 17:28 (6923 days ago) @ GC

Hi Merdy,

experiment with the altecs in a front horn and then use the bass horns as
a sub where i am now making a corner type wing and will put the mouth
output into the wing (like k horn)so it will be in the end bigger. will

I would go for short horns in front of the Altec's (MTM) and use the bigger and longer horn for deeper bass below 70-80Hz.

hopefully your t size is still m and u did not put weight over the winter

Actually I did put on some weight... about one size! :-P

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

M T M yummy

by GC, Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 17:37 (6922 days ago) @ GC

Yes thats is where i want to go ,but to time align all 3 drivers is not easy,and even though i now use active crossover(marchandx26tube)matching the front horn to bass horn sensitivity will keep me up forever, and i dont ever want to use digital eq again,it was like putting a condom on the horns
will play with mcbeans ,any ideas ???
cheers

Tags:

M T M yummy

by GC, Friday, May 13, 2005, 15:38 (6920 days ago) @ GC

Hi Merdy,

Yes thats is where i want to go ,but to time align all 3 drivers is not
easy,and even though i now use active crossover(marchandx26tube)matching
the front horn to bass horn sensitivity will keep me up forever, and i

I don't know about the quality in the bass or the silence of your main amps for the Oris horns but is that is okay then use a simple line-level filter as I always suggest for many years by now...

dont ever want to use digital eq again,it was like putting a condom on the horns

I know what you mean... :)

will play with mcbeans ,any ideas ???

Why do you need to EQ? Timing?

Just built the short front horns for the Altec's and you do not have troubles with timing...

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread