Singular (BD-Design)

by GC, Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 02:30 (6918 days ago)

Bert , I `m building the singular cabinet for the 206E and I `ll use the EQ that I found on your site. I have a few question on the cabinets, I can`t seem to find any 30m batting for the damping so do you recomend something else. And the little 1/9 16 hole in the cabinet is this a pvc pipe? Thanks for your help. BigDog

Tags:

Singular and changed plans...

by GC, Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 09:12 (6918 days ago) @ GC

Hi BigDog,

You could use thinner layers to create 30mm or use other "airy" damping material. Either way you'll have to play with the amount to use in your room.

The plans have changed though (the port and central brace) which you can download from here:

www.bd-design.info/SINGULAR_ISOMETRIC.pdf

www.bd-design.nl/SIDE_SECTION_SINGULAR_18mm.pdf
www.bd-design.nl/SIDE_SECTION_SINGULAR_19.05.pdf
www.bd-design.nl/SIDE_SECTION_SINGULAR_THREE_QUARTER.pdf

www.bd-design.nl/TOP_SECTION_SINGULAR_18mm.pdf
www.bd-design.nlTOP_SECTION_SINGULAR_THREE_QUARTER.pdf
www.bd-design.nl/TOP_SECTION_SINGULAR_19.05.pdf

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

by GC @, Monday, June 13, 2005, 20:06 (6884 days ago) @ GC

Dag Bert..................... ik heb de Singular al staan, met een VisatonB200, klinkt niet verkeerd. Hij heeft wel wat ruimte nodig aan de achterkant anders wordt het laag te veel van het goede. (circa 1 meter van de wand)
Nu vroeg ik mij af of het winst geeft, om de driver aan dezelfde zijde te monteren als de opening, zodat de poort, en driver zich aan dezelfde kant bevinden. Het kanaal is zo theoretisch iets langer (meer laag), en beter in fase????? Misschien is het stom, maar dat waren zo mijn vragen....
Ik heb hem nu van MDF gebouwd, en overweeg een definitieve versie van berkenmultyplex te bouwen......is de klankwinst de investering waard?

Tags:

by GC, Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 00:53 (6884 days ago) @ GC

Hi Jos,

I will answer your question in English, most people around here do not understand Dutch... :)

Dag Bert..................... ik heb de Singular al staan, met een
VisatonB200, klinkt niet verkeerd. Hij heeft wel wat ruimte nodig aan de
achterkant anders wordt het laag te veel van het goede. (circa 1 meter van
de wand)

Good to read that you like the Singular. The B200 has a relative high Qts giving more bass compared to the suggested drivers and therefore give plenty of bass. Having the system 1 meter away from the back wall helps to reduce this with the advantage that the sound is more free...

Do you have any pictures to share?

Nu vroeg ik mij af of het winst geeft, om de driver aan dezelfde zijde te
monteren als de opening, zodat de poort, en driver zich aan dezelfde kant
bevinden. Het kanaal is zo theoretisch iets langer (meer laag), en beter
in fase?????

Mounting the driver at the same panel as the opening of the system at the back will create a huge dip in the low-mid frequencies (cancelling) and is therefore not a good idea. It won't give deeper bass either...

Ik heb hem nu van MDF gebouwd, en overweeg een definitieve versie van
berkenmultyplex te bouwen......is de klankwinst de investering waard?

Birch-ply wood does not bring more bass or change the fequency response but it will give the sound a more natural tone, less "dead" and less artificial as common when using MDF.

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread